N I N E

Athena's POV

"Hey Ysa." I spoke onto the phone.

"I'm sorry who is this?" She asked her voice stand offish as usual.

"It's Athena." I said back.

"I'm not in the mood freak." She spat. "If it's nothing important I'm going to hang up." She said.

"No no wait. I'll go to your party." I told her.

"What?" She asked, disbelief evident in her voice.

"I'll go to your party." I repeated.

"Okay whatever." She sighed. "Now I'm going to hang up. Bye." She said annoyed and the phone call ended.

Well someone's in a bad mood. Then again isn't she always like that.

I grabbed a copy of Don't Look Back. A book I have recently found myself very infatuated with.

I was starting to read about Sam and Carson, the lead and her love interest, when I heard something tapping on my window.

I opened my window and saw a guy standing on my balcony.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him curious as to why he, of all people, was here.

"Hide me." He said as he rushed into my room.

"Wait you can't just barge in here like that." I argued.

"Not now Athena." He shushed.

"If my parents find you hear they are going to murder you." I scolded.

"Your dad's a pastor. He can't kill anyone." He replied, still hiding behind my bed.

"That doesn't stop my mom from-"

"Where is he?" A shout from outside cut me off.

"He's not here." I heard another voice reply and them footsteps running.

Silence was observed for a good two minutes when the boy made his presence known again.

"Thanks for your help Athena." The boy said as he jumped out my window and ran the opposite direction.

I am seriously going insane. Why would he be hiding in my house? Better yet, what was he hiding from?

Days passed since he showed up in my room and soon Saturday came. Not only was it the weekend, it was also Ysa's 18th birthday party at her house.

As in Ysa's house, not her large party house, legit her house. Yes, yes Ysa has a house for parties but this one wasn't a regular party. This was Ysa's eighteenth. A big deal in her family apparently.

Bryce arrived at my front door step soon to pick me up and drive to Ysa's party.

As I got in his car he drove to Ysa's house. Her house, compared to her 'party' house was huge.

Lights flashed from inside the house and a red carpet adorned the steps to her open front door continuing into the inside of her house.

As Bryce parked his car we both got down and walked inside Ysa's house.

Her house was beautifully decorated with black and gold. Everyone there was dressed in beautiful dresses and tuxes.

We were all gathered in the 'lobby' of her house when someone spoke into the mic.

"Hello everyone. Thank you for coming." Aaron spoke into a microphone getting everyone's attention. "Everyone, my girlfriend, Ysabelle Valentino." He said.