T E N

Athena's POV

Sunday.

Is it terrible that after seventeen years of my life I'm starting to get tired of Sunday's. I never get tired of Sunday's. I just dealt with it. But today I really wasn't in the mood.

"Athena are you ready for church?" My mother asked from outside the door.

Despite dreading Sundays now, I still took a bath and changed but I stayed still on my bed.

"Athena darling are you ready?" My mother asked as she opened my door.

"Can I not go today?" I asked her carefully.

"Athena, you know you can't not go to church." She said disappointed at the fact I even thought of not going to church.

"But mom-"

"Not another word Athena. Now get yourself downstairs in two minutes." She said sternly.

Yeah, lesson learned, don't ask to skip church.

I made my way downstairs to find my mother and father waiting for me. My mother probably explained to my father that I didn't want to go to church which most likely explains the stern look on his face.

Getting tired of going to church every Sunday was not a thing I was used to. Meaning I don't do it. In fact the feeling was quite foreign to me.

Mondays I hated. I knew I hated Mondays and that was a fact but Sundays, never.

Since I didn't really want to be here right now I just stayed silent and let my mind wander to whatever thought it could grab onto.

Have you ever watched Footloose? Neither have I but I hear it was quite similar to my life. Courtesy of Bryce of course.

Speaking of Bryce. He wasn't at church today but his parents were. We were eating lunch with them right now.

"Diana, I can't help but notice that your son isn't here." My mother commented while we were eating.

"He came from a party yesterday and woke up really tired so we let him stay in." Mrs. Hall told her.

"That's not an excuse for missing church. Athena went to that same party and she seems fine." My father told them.

"I heard Athena went home early. Bryce went back to the party and came home a little after one." Mr. Hall told him.

"Are you sure it was a safe party? Whose party was it?" My father asked.

"He never told us, just that it was an eighteenth birthday celebration." Mrs. Hall told them.

"Athena whose birthday was it?" My mother asked.

"It was um... Ysa's birthday." I answered reluctantly.

"Ysa Valentino's birthday. You have your answer. Your son came home drunk and now he woke up with a terrible hangover." My father concluded.

"Francis, you can't just assume that a child has been drinking without him being here to speak for himself." My mother warned.

"I am stating a fact. Besides, if Bryce were here to speak for himself he would deny that he had been drinking." My father told her.

"Father there were no drinks at the party." I said. Complete and total lie. Everyone knows that there was booze in the punch. Hello! Apple juice.

"How would you know Athena? You came home at ten. Bryce came home at one." My father pointed at out.

Ah man he's right. I couldn't possibly know what went on in Ysa's party after Bryce took me home.

"Why did you go home early darling?" Mrs. Hall asked me.