T W O

Athena's POV

I entered the classroom of my first class, Science . I sat on my usual seat at the front row. Only people who are characterized as 'nerds' sit at the front as Ysa said.

"Good morning class." Our teacher greeted as she entered the room with her papers.

"Good morning Ms. Susana." We all greeted.

Ms. Susana wrote something on the board when the door slammed open.

"Ms. Valentino, why are you late?" Ms. Susana asked Ysa as she appeared with a new student next to her.

"I'm sorry Ms. Susana but I was showing our new student, Jacob, around." Ysa reasoned.

"Very well. Take a seat." Ms. Susana then continued her lecture as Ysa and Jacob sat down. It's not always like that here. If it was a different teacher she wouldn't be as off the hook as with Ms. Susana.

Ysa smirked at me because she knows how much I get ticked off by Ms. Susana's 'special treatment'. She whispered something to the guy next to her and he looked at me intently.

His hazel eyes stared at me and observed me like he was the predator and I was his prey. His jaw was sharp and very angled. His smirk was interestingly a joy to look at. He was thin but by the way his clothes fitted him it was obvious that he worked out.

He took a seat behind me and his smell was very intoxicating. It was like a drug that if I wasn't careful, I could get addicted to. He smelled like a mixture of smoke and men's cologne.

I would believe that he would be any girls definition of perfect. He was tall, dark and handsome.

The bell suddenly rang snapping me out of my thoughts. Oh no! I didn't copy any notes.

I looked up at the board and Ms. Susana hasn't erased any of them yet. I decided to copy them before she erased them.

I rushed copying them that I had no idea what I was writing. My hand writing's probably really bad but at that moment I didn't really care.

I walked out of the classroom once I was done copying and I walked to the cafeteria where everyone was. I was quite glad that the food stalls were before the seats so that I had time to get my food before Ysa and her group see me.

I looked for an empty table and sadly the only one I saw was next to Ysa's group. I quickly made my way towards the table when I heard a voice.

"Hey good girl!" Ysa shouted. Her voice was booming over the racket of the canteen.

I decided to not listen to her but she just kept on calling. I didn't listen to her again.

"How rude? Weren't you taught any manners?" She asked me.

I did the reasonable thing and that was to not listen to her. The bad thing was she was taunting me. Telling me things that my parents taught me to avoid.

"Ysa stop being mean." Aaron reprimanded her.

Ysa gave Aaron a look of disbelief and anger. This wasn't the first time Ysa looked at him that way.

"I can be mean whenever I want to." Ysa told Aaron.

"Don't you think you're going a little to far." Aaron questioned her ways.

"Stop defending her. Oh my god Aaron. Jacob come on let's go." Ysa got pissed at Aaron.

Jacob stood up once Ysa did and he followed her out of the cafeteria. Once they exited all eyes landed on me.

"What are you looking at good girl?" Kaila rudely said making me turn my head back to my food. "Thought so." She muttered.

I continued eating my food and when I was done I rushed to the waste bin and made my way out of there.

The day went on and on until finally the final bell rang. I mean it's quite unlikely of me to be wanting the day to end but today my father wanted me to be home as soon as possible. I wonder why?

As I arrived home my mother was cooking dinner for us.

"Athena sweety is that you?" My mom asked from the kitchen.

"Yes mother it's me." I answered back as I walked to where she was.

I washed my hands in the sink and folded up my sleeves. "Do you need any help?" I asked my mother.

"Thank you for asking darling. In fact I do. Could you kindly chop the tomatoes on the counter." She requested.

I nodded at her and grabbed the tomatoes. I placed them on the chopping board and started chopping them.

"How was school?" She asked trying to make conversation.

"It was alright." I answered her back.

"Are those kids still giving you trouble?" She asked me. She was pertaining to Ysa and the others.

"Not really." I lied. I couldn't tell my mother the truth because if I did she would tell my father and if father knew he would walk straight to the school and demand that they be expelled.

As much as I wanted them out of there I wasn't that cruel. I was taught by my parents to be nice to everybody wether they were good or bad.

My mother and I continued cooking when my father entered the house. He looked tired. His eyes looked droopy.

"Do you want some tea father?" I asked him as he sat down on the chair.

"Sure sweetheart." He said with a smile.

I heated some water and poured it in the pot. I then got a camomile tea bag and put it in the pot as well.

I brought over the pot and a teacup and placed it in front of my father. I poured the tea in the cup as well.

"Sugar and milk?" I asked him.

"No thank you sweetheart. Oh Athena what would I do without you?" He asked me jokingly.

My mother then put the food she cooked on the table. I sat down on one of the chairs and across from me my mother sat.

"You look tired Francis. What's wrong?" My mother asked him.

"The neighborhood has been giving us problems." He answered back.

"Why?" My mother asked him.

"Apparently there's this troublesome kid that moved in and they think that Valentino and her group our a problem enough. They don't want another problem." My father said problematically.

"Isn't the council going to do anything about it?" I asked him.

"They can't Athena. People disliking you doesn't entitle us to kick out a person from our town." My father said.

He has a point though. You can't just kick someone out of their own home for no apparent reason. I wonder who he's talking about.

Author's Note:

So far this story sucks but don't all stories start out like that. I just hope you guys won't give up on it.

- B.