E I G H T

Athena's POV

It's been weeks since my detention and that incident with James and his dad. I assumed he was his dad anyway.

I've always thought about why Ysa and the other's ended up the way they were now.

I mean Patrice used to be the girl who always wanted her crush to notice her and Kaila was always the one who gave good advice.

Aaron used to be the good brother to his sister and always took care of her.

James and Hunter used to be the best class clowns.

And Ysa, Ysa used to be the nerd and the loner. The girl who would always cry in the corner because of the simplest things and yet here they were.

They were now the group that made everyone clear the hallway and stop staring. The group that made everyone shut up with just one word.

"Now what is that pretty little head of yours thinking about?" Bryce asked me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"It's nothing." I said brushing the topic off.

"It's clearly not nothing Athena. You look. Intense." He said back.

"Intense? What?" I asked laughing at him.

"Yeah intense. Like your thinking deeply about something." He told me.

"Okay yeah sure. Now, come on. Just because it's free period doesn't mean we have to spend it all in the library." I said getting my things and standing up.

"Excuse me. Who are you and what have you done with Athena Giamini?" He asked laughing as he stood up as well.

"What do you mean?" I asked him curiously.

"Did you just tell me that we don't have to spend an entire hour in the library?" He asked looking at me. Feeling my face as if he thought I wasn't real.

"Uh yeah. And! Would you stop that." I said as I removed-attempted to remove- his hands from my face.

"Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! She has learned to stay out of the library." He said mimicking a man praising.

"Shut it Bryce." I warned.

"Ooh. Athena's gotten feisty." He commented.

"I will murder you." I said seriously.

"And I will stop." He finished the argument. "Ms. Uptight." He added.

We were walking the hallways when the familiar voice I always hate hearing spoke.

"Hey Athena! Bryce!" Ysa called as she walked towards us followed by Patrice and Aaron.

Wow! The personal guard dog isn't there! I am so surprised! Not really.

"Yes?" I asked disappointed at the fact that I couldn't stay hidden from her.

"My birthday's this Saturday and I'm throwing a party." She smiled at us. "Patrice give them the invitations." She snapped her fingers and Patrice produced two black envelopes.

"Really? Invitations?" I asked her.

I've learned how to voice out my opinion of her and it has helped and in some ways it has also ruined me.

"Yes. My parents wanted my eighteenth birthday to be a bit of a formal event." She answered smiling.

"Also the event is RSVP. Details are in the invite." Aaron said exchanging looks from me to Bryce.

"Yeah. We'd love to go." Bryce answered.

"Great! Patrice list them down." She ordered and Patrice got out a clipboard.