T W E L V E

Athena's POV

"I could murder every single one of you if you don't shut up!" I heard a voice shut. Considering the words said and the annoyed tone, I could tell it was Ysa.

I looked from where I stood, just at the door frame of the biology classroom, to see Ysa and her friends around her as she shouted at them.

"Shut up or I will make sure all of you get detention. Now shush while I speak to Bryce and Aaron for a second!" She shouted again.

Throughout the course of the week Bryce has seemed to be closer and closer to them while his time with me lessened. He said he's been hanging out with Aaron and I can see that.

I thought someone finally had my back when Bryce came back to Northwood. I knew he may have his ups and downs but I never knew he would be leaving me in the dark while he went and hung out with Aaron.

I saw the rest walk away from Bryce, Aaron and Ysa as the three started conversing.

Ysa's POV

"Remember what I told you yesterday?" I asked Bryce as the rest of the group walked away.

"Yeah?" He asked me back.

"Well it starts today." I told him and Aaron cut in.

"Wait, what are we talking about?" He can be some dumb sometimes.

"We are talking about the fact that Jacob has turned and is now dating the nerd." I said through gritted teeth.

"He is?!" He said in shock.

"Shush." I scolded.

"And what do you need me for?" He asked back.

"See this is what you get for not replying to my messages. You become completely clueless." I said in frustration.

"And you being like this is supposed to help me understand how?" He asked sarcastically.

"Can you two please stop bickering for a moment." Bryce said sternly.

Aaron and I shut up and eventually decided to continue the conversation.

"Anyway, what can I do to help?" Aaron asked me calmer than earlier.

"You and Jacob are pretty close, right?" I said.

"Not as close as he and James." He pointed out.

"Yes but I trust you on this. Can you please keep an eye on Jacob?" I asked him.

"How exactly am I supposed to do that?" He asked me sarcastically and Bryce shot him a look.

"Follow him around or something. Go to his house, go to his job I don't care. Just keep an eye on him." I ordered.

"Before we part ways could you kindly explain to me why we're doing this." Bryce said and if I wasn't trying to be nice to him I would've punched him because of how much he sounded like Athena at that moment.

"Athena's in serious danger if she continues this 'game' with Jacob. Do you really want her to be driven out of town? Or worse be disowned by her parents?" I asked him seriously.

"Athena's parents wouldn't disown her." Bryce said.

"They did it to their other kid. Never heard of him though." Aaron told him.

"All right. You got me. I'll keep an eye on her." Bryce said and I just sighed.

"Now let's go. Before the others think something's up." I said and left them standing there.