When she turned around both Salvatores were there in the living room.

"What is it?" Damon asked as she handed him the envelope with his name on it.

Elena opened the envelope, "It's an invitation. 'Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration.' Damon joined her at the end , reading off his envelope.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asked.

"The Original Family." Elena answered.

Elena turned her card over there's a note on the back. 'Elena, I think it's time we finally meet -Esther."

"Why do I have one?" Damon questioned.

"Check the back." Stefan told him.

Damon flipped the card and saw a note as well.

'You were my last option, I only have three rules, look presentable, don't cause problems, and don't bring up those nights. -Mirabella"

Damon laughed and the others in the room looked at him weirdly.

"What is it?" Elena asked.

"I have a date, to this ball thingy."

"With who?" Stefan asked.

"Oh just some one I had some fun with. It's been a fling for the past three or four days."

"Wait on the night of the dinner party." Stefan asked.

"Yep." , Damon answered as he stuffed the invitation in his pocket.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Klaus' Mansion

"Bella? Tell me how handsome I am." Kol said from in front of a mirror.

"Ah, Kol you know that lying is a sin."

The door opened and Klaus walked in and straight to Rebekah.

"You went after Elena what is wrong with you?!"

"Here we go." she sighed.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?"

"Again with he dagger threats? Dint you have any other tricks?" Kol smirked.

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you, my father."

"No Kol, but you are in my house."

"Then perhaps we should go outside.

"Enough!" Esther yelled. "Niklaus, come."

"Looks like someone's going to get a time-out from mommy." Mirabella smirked.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Mystic Grill

"Careful, Caroline. It's all well and good until she stabs you in the back." Rebekah said as she and her sister entered the bar.

"What are you doing here? I know your mom's rules. No hurting the locals."

"Get over yourself Elena, it's not all about you." Rebekah scoffed.

Rebekah walked away over to Matt and handed him an invitation for the ball.

"Oh my god. Sh's inviting him to the ball. Why is she inviting him?" Caroline gasped.

"Probrbably to get this reaction from you guys." Bella said now sitting down at the table.

"Wait Bella who did you invite?"