02. Keep Your Humanity

Toxic-Brittney Spears

I do not own The Vampire Diaries just Mirabella and her plot line.

Mirabella's outfit for this chapter by kdeanbh on polyvore

________________________________

A blonde girl walks out of her white country home in Tennessee.

"Rudy", she whistles for her lost dog.

"Rudy. Come on. Its too hot to make me come looking for you."

She bends down and picks up a dog leash. When she turns around she finds a man with blue eyes and blonde hair and a girl with brunette hair and brown eyes.

Klaus and Mirabella.

"I am so sorry.", the hybrid says in a ridiculous American accent.

Mirabella studies the girl's  frighten look, " We didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you." the blonde ask suspicious of the two strangers in her front yard.

"Yeah, our, uh , our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back." , Mirabella says. Living in America for awhile Mirabella no longer has her British accent like most of her siblings. It usually only came out when she was very angry.

Her brother continued, "I feel like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we'd come to, so we were just hoping we could use your phone?" 

"Don't you have a cellphone?"

"Heh. Yeah my battery died and he left his at our house." Mirabella quickly came up with the excuse while taking her phone out showing the screen was black.

Klaus could sense the girls hesitation, " Look, I promise we're not serial killers. We just want to use your phone."

The blonde sighs, " Umm sure."

"So... We can come in?"

"No. I'll get the phone and I'll bring it out to you."

"Oh now you've done it." , Mirabella mutters

Klaus's face darkens with a murderous look in his eyes. His British accent suddenly returning,"  I thought you country folk were supposed to be more trusting."

"I'm from Florida." the blonde replies in a very snooty attitude.

"Well, that makes much more sense." Mirabella whispers in her brothers ear.

Klaus suddenly speeds towards the girl, her neck now trapped in his hands. " Now show me a little southern hospitality...,",Klaus compels her. Her pupils dilating in sync  with his, " ...sweet pea."

_____________________________________

An African-American woman was in the kitchen with a fry pan in her hand, " I bet you a hundred dollars that dog ran off to a house with air conditioning."