Chapter 28: Ain't No Way She's Going Home

ROSS' POV

My alarm clock started beeping and grumpily, I rolled over to turn it off. Ryland slept through it, so I laid in bed for about 10 more minutes before I dragged myself away from the warm covers.

I trudged downstairs and found both my parents and Riker in the kitchen.

"There you are!" Exclaimed Riker, "Go get ready, we've got rehearsal in 10." He commanded, then turned back to his book. I heard a laugh from the living room and insinuated that Autumn and Rocky were in there. I know Harper has work with Capitol today, so I would spend most of my time doing R5 work and probably hanging out with her after she was home.

To myself, I silently prayed she wouldn't have to work with those stylists today. I hated what she had on yesterday... Okay, I probably wouldn't hate it if any other girl was wearing it, but not Harper. Not my Harper.

While I got ready, which consisted of throwing on jeans and and an old Hollister T-shirt, I couldn't help but wonder what she was going to do. I can't imagine she'd put up with them completely changing everything she is, but I also couldn't imagine they would put up with her. It's a big corporation that could toss her aside whenever they choose. At this point, Harper's playing rock, paper, scissors with herself.

"Dude! Ross, hurry up!" Rocky called as I hurdled down the steps in order to be on time. "There you are." Rocky said when he saw me. "We've got a minute before we're in trouble." I looked down at my phone and saw that we were already 3 minutes late. The two of us got to rehearsal as quick as possible and found Rydel and Ellington sitting on an out-of-use amp, and Riker was looking over something with Dad. Nonchalantly, Rocky and I sat by Rydel and Ellington, trying to look as if we'd been there all along. Luckily, Riker and Dad seemed pretty intent on whatever was on the paper in front of them. I talked with Ellington for a minute or so since I hadn't seen him in a day or so. Once it looked like Riker and Dad were wrapping up, I started to get my guitar ready for rehearsal, but Riker stopped me.

"Actually, before we start practicing, I have something to talk about with you guys." He said, taking a seat in front of all of us. "It looks like there might be a tour in our future, and it's coming up fast." All of us looked at each other excitedly,

"Seriously?! When? Where?" Rydel questioned enthusiastically.

"We're going across the US, and doing a few international stops. Ross, Dad and I were just organizing everything around your Austin and Ally schedule, but I think it'll work out. Regardless, it's a lot of work in a very short amount of time, are you all up for it?" Riker asked. All of us looked back and forth at each other,

"Wait," began Rocky, "How short of time?" Riker sighed,

"We've got 2 weeks to prepare for 3 months." Everyone's eyes widened and I felt a grin stretch across my face,

"I'm up for it!" I declared, wild eyed. Riker looked over at me slightly puzzled,

"Wow, I figured you'd be the most reluctant one." He said. My eyebrows knit together and suddenly I understood what he was saying. 'Harper. I bit my lip and shrugged, not knowing what to say. Everyone else was ecstatic about tour, and I was too, I love being out on the road! Three months without Harper though it purely psychotic, that's almost longer than I've known her. I felt my stomach drop a bit and wondered how to tell her.

We were hard at work almost all day, mostly planning for the tour. We were going to so many different cities and more that weren't decided yet. All day though, I couldn't stop thinking about how to tell Harper.

It was 4 when I could finally get out to clear my head. Riker, Rocky, and I all decided to go out surfing for a while, and as soon as I got dressed with my board on my arm, we were off to the shore. I was pretty apathetic to the rest of the world around me, but I did hear Riker talking about him and Natasha hanging out tonight. Silently, I applauded Harper's matchmaking skills.