Chapter 21: Birthday Bashed.

"GOOD MORNING!" Shouted two excited voices in unison. I sprang up and managed to avoid slamming my head on the window. Autumn and Rydel stood over me with wild expressions and a pink pin they smacked on me with the words 'Birthday Girl' on it. I groaned. 

It had been nine days since the signing party and everything was wonderful. Ross and I were better than we'd ever been together, I got to hang out with Autumn more, Riker and I were officially working together, and I started recording in the studio. They wanted me to get a couple singles out there before the album released, just to get my name on the map. 

Rydel's birthday was 2 days ago and it was absolutely fantastic. I got to meet tons of their friends and have an amazing day with everyone poolside. Now it's August 11th, my turn to be festive and apparently it starts with a cheesy pin and a lot of yelling.

"Happy birthday, darling!" Said Autumn in her best Breakfast At Tiffany's accent. I smiled sleepily at them,

"Thanks guys, what time is it?" I asked, stretching out.

"It is exactly 11am. We thought we'd let you sleep in a bit since you're 17!" Rydel exclaimed, jumping up and down. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Breakfast is downstairs with the boys and you better hurry because... well they're boys." said Autumn, and I shook my head understandingly. Rydel and Autumn skipped out of the room, whispering excitedly. I laughed to myself at their enthusiasm. 

I retied my ponytail from the night before and quickly brushed my teeth. I didn't care too much about the boys seeing me with bedhead and no makeup since they have dozens of times, but it is my birthday. 

I walked downstairs and made a dramatic entrance, tossing arms above my head and twirling in my pajamas,

"I have arrived." I said in a diva-esque voice. Ross was the first to turn. He grinned and engulfed me in a massive hug, refusing to let go and spinning me around. 

"Ross, you might kill her." Said Rocky, nonchalantly. Ross squeezed a little tighter and finally let go, kissing me on the cheek.

"Happy birthday, Harp." He said in my ear. 

"Dude, look at that." Remarked Rocky, nudging Riker, "She's like two times smaller than he is." He said, examining both of us.

"And that's coming from you?" I said, confused and pointed to Autumn, his girlfriend who was about 7 inches shorter than him. Autumn and I are the same height, but Rocky's taller than Ross is. Rocky just shrugged and went back to eating. 

Moments later Stormie and Mark arrived and I made sure to hug Stormie and say my 'thank yous' for the breakfast, which was made by her and Rydel. We all sat around the kitchen and talked. Since the table was too small for all of us, Ross & I, Autumn & Rocky, and Rydel & Ratliff all sat on the counters, and Stormie, Mark, Riker, & Ryland all sat at the table, having to look up at all of us. It was a tight squeeze, but I loved getting to talk with everyone in such a huge setting. It wasn't until Rydel looked down at her phone and gasped at the time that any of us remembered that the day was passing us by (You know you're thinking it. Don't deny it. -Skinnies)

"HARPER! We have to get you ready!" She exclaimed and Autumn popped up from her place on the counter. 

"Can I--" I started, but before I could finish they were whisking me away upstairs. Before anything, they did my makeup. I sat quietly while they argued over colors and application. In the end, they had a look they were both satisfied with. I leaned over to look into the mirror, but Autumn stopped me,

"Ah, ah, ah. Not until we're completely done." She said, skipping off to get something out of her room, leaving me in Rydel's hands. 

"So what's going on today?" I asked, hoping she had her guard down - as opposed to Autumn, who never does. She smiled slyly,