Chapter 8: Setbacks and She-Beasts

ROSS POV:

Morning came way to soon. I awoke to Harper lying opposite me with a bright red hoodie on and her hair was soaked. Huh? I lied in place for awhile until I saw Riker sit up across the room. We exchanged looks and had sort of a silent conversation until Rydel and Autumn woke up. At that point, it was decided to just wake Harper, and Rocky. Strangely enough, Rocky's hair was wet too. 

Once everyone was up and running, Mom came downstairs and we all started on breakfast. The backyard was completely trashed with pool chairs, towels, mud, and random rocks that had been tossed about in the storm last night. Other than that, the only evidence of any injury was Harper's gigantic purple bump on her forehead. She still managed to look rather pretty.

Today was a set day. I had to be at Austin and Ally to rerecord some things before release of the season. Since it was a shorter call time, I was only needed from 12-6. I'd be right on time for Harper's gig at the cupcake shop. Everyone else decided to go with me and just hang out in the dressing room (probably to avoid cleaning the backyard) - except Harper and Autumn to my disappointment. They both needed to get things set out for the rest of the summer since there was 2 of them for sure. I understood, but I was rather sad Harper couldn't see what I do everyday. She says she hasn't really watched the show much, but she quoted it the other day and thought I didn't notice (PS, I did).

The two of them left at around 11 and all the rest of us left about half an hour after that. It was a fairly ordinary day on set. I had a lot of downtime so I just hung out with the gang. Ratliff met us all at set so that was a good thing. As you've heard, it was quite boring. 

I was beyond excited for the gig tonight. We had a whole plan to take her out to a picnic on the beach - myself, Riker, Rocky, Ratliff, Ryland, Rydel, and Autumn. The biggest surprise for her was that Sophie got her dad to sit in the back when the head of three different record labels. He takes care of us. I just knew Harper was going to be successful, it'd be a complete waste of pure talent if no one picked her up. The summer was still beginning, but we were running out of time. I knew that Harper had to get picked up by someone or else Autumn would have to go back home and there was no way Harper would stay in LA without Autumn. 

This was utterly frightening to me. What would I do? Have awkward meetings with her whenever we went down to New York to preform or do interviews? That'd be plain unfortunate. She's in my life now and I like it... A lot. It feels like everything has changed since I accidentally tripped her on the sidewalk - like there's a whole other side to who I am that I didn't know about. It's so strange when I get too close to her, it's like I'm being shocked in a good way (regardless of if that makes any sense). I keep wondering if she feels the same thing.

So back to my point, somebody just has to sign her. If they don't, I'm gonna lose her, she's gonna be unhappy, and the music industry is going to officially be a big fat screw up. 

I got off set at exactly six and we had to rush to the shop. Everyone was there just waiting, she was on in five minutes and was nowhere to be found. 

"Autumn!" I yelled when I saw her. She waved goodbye to whoever she was talking to and made her way over. She was dressed nicely in blue jeans and a blazer, but she had little marks of paint all over her that had obviously been tried to rub off. "Where's Harper?" I asked.

She looked puzzled, "I don't know, I haven't seen her since this morning." My eyes widened,

"What do you mean? I thought you two left together." Autumn just shrugged and draped her jacket over a nearby chair,

"I went to go say goodbye to Rocky and when I came back she was already gone. Car was still there, but she wasn't. Where ever she was, she wasn't much help. I spent the whole day grocery shopping and painting the front room while she's off... Well, I don't know." I was starting to get worried. For one thing, where would she go without taking her car? And I couldn't imagine she'd miss this gig.