Your New Job

Sitting in your small, Seattle apartment, you shoved another spoonful of cereal into your mouth, not even noticing the milk that dribbled across your chin. You were dressed in your pajamas still, which consisted of a pair of threadbare shorts, and a tank top with a pug on it saying mornings were hard. It had been a present from your mom years ago, and after she had passed, you had a hard time throwing anything she had given you away.

Crumpling the paper in your hand, you frowned at the idea of having to actually go out and look for work again. It was hard enough finding work right now, let alone work as a makeup artist. Your last gig had ended months ago, doing wedding makeup for your friends studio.

Now you moonlighted as a bar tender, while you searched the paper everyday for something new. You had even sent your resume to a couple of Television studios as a long shot, along with some photos of your work, hoping they would like what they saw.

Your phone buzzed beside you, and dropping your spoon you reached down to check the message. It was from your friend Tiffany, trying to set you up with another one of her husband's friends. Sighing, you shot back a quick reply, saying you couldn't, at least not for tonight.

It wasn't that you couldn't, you just weren't ready for another awkward blind date, with another man that would be more interested in the cleavage you were showing than what you were talking about.

Feeling frustrated, you dumped your bowl in the sink, ready to sit in front of the TV, binge watch TV and mope about for the rest of the day. It seemed like your usual way to spend the day, until you had to leave to bar tend the evening away.

Settling on the couch, you had just clicked on Netflix, when your phone started going off again. "Really Tiffany, you can't take no for an answer?" You mumbled to yourself as you grabbed it, pressing answer without even seeing who was calling. "Hey." You answered, not paying much attention.

"Is this Y/N, L/N?" A man's clear voice sounded from the other line, surprising you.

"Yes." You answered cautiously.

"This is Ryan Weldon, and I work for the production of the show Supernatural. We received your resume, and we're wondering if you are still interested in a job as a make up artist."

"Of course." You answered quickly, standing up and jumping around the room in excitement.

He paused for a moment, before coming back on the line. "That's great. Our head make up girl just up and quit on us, and we start filming in two weeks."

"Yeah, sounds good." You replied, still not sure you weren't dreaming.

"This says you live in Seattle. Do you think you could come up tomorrow, or the next day, to finalize the deal. That would give you some time to find an apartment, get settled up here." He told you.

After agreeing on a time tomorrow, you hung up, squealing as loud as you could as you realized your dream was coming true.

"Supernatural, hmm." You wondered, knowing you had heard of the show, but hadn't gotten to binge watching it yet. Opening your laptop, you typed it into the search, your mouth going dry at the sight in front of you. The show consisted of two main characters, both male and your mouth dropped when you pulled up a picture of the two.

"I get to put make up on two Adonis'? Are you kidding me?" You said out loud. The first one you saw was named Jared, and he looked nice. He seemed tall, but from pictures it was hard to tell. He had longer than normal hair, a shiny mahogany brown that made most women's hair look drab. He had a nice smile, with dimples, his eyes an intriguing mixture of blue and green.