eight

it was Anastasias first Halloween.

she was only five and a half months now. but man did she look adorable in her little piggy costume.

"al pal!" Sammy said, coming into Ana's room. I smiled and held up his little piggy. Sammy gasped and walked over, taking her in his arms. Ana smiled and mumbled some baby gibberish.

"okay, I think I'm going to go help Nate get ready." Sammy smiled and nodded, him and Ana walking me out.

"we still on for trick or treating?" he asked, looking at my costume. I was a swat officer! except a sexy one that Nate picked out for me. it was a surprise thing, so he's going as my prisoner.

"I'll talk to Nate, see what our plans are for tonight." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and then waved bye to Anastasia. I got into my car and left on my way home.

when I pulled up, Nate and his buddies were on the front porch, drinking and smoking. Nate smirked in approval as he looked me over. "damn baby!" he got up and met me at the beginning of the driveway. his arms wrapped around me and he kissed me.

"thanks, babe. it fits nicely." Nate laughed and looked me over again. then he took my hand and walked us back over to the table, pulling me onto his lap.

"nice costume, al. make your tits look huge." Nate rolled his eyes at Skeez's remark. I wrapped an arm around his neck and leaned back in the chair.

"oh babe, Sammy wants to know if we're still going trick or treating with him and baby Ana." I watched Nates eyes roll. then he held his hands around me and stood up, carrying me away from the group. they gave us bad looks but we kept walking.

he set me down when we rounded our house and entered our backyard. he set me down and then stepped away. "why are you spending so much time with Sam? we don't always have to be with him! why can't we spend some fucking time alone?" this time my eyes rolled.

"Nate you can't be getting mad over this!"

"yes I can! it's been five months, and he's over it. he knows how to take care of his kid now and yet you still keep going over there, day after fucking day. al, it's like you spend more time with him than you do me!" that hurt.

"that's not true, baby." I stepped forward to try to put my hand on his arm but he jerked away.

"Alessandra, I'm being serious. I feel like there's something going on between you two and I don't like it." my eyes widened.

"you think I'm cheating on you?" my voice finally raised at him. he gave me a look.

"yeah, yeah I fucking do. you go over for hours during the day, you brush off our lunch dates for him and then sometimes spend hours of the night there!" he sighed and backed up.

"I'm going to the studio. I might be home tonight." then he left. the fence gate slammed shut and there were mumbled voices. doors shut and then engines pulled out of the driveway.

my heart cracked. I'm not cheating! but I can see why he thinks it... I was just trying to help out a friend! but maybe I did take it too far.

--

it's three am and I'm sitting in our bed, smoking uncontrollably. it took away the mess I'm in. and it passed the time until Nate came home.

which didn't happen until nearly five. he woke me up with the slam of the door. my body jumped and I sat up, wiping my eyes. there was a curse downstairs and then footsteps on the stairs.

a drunken Nate stepped into the room, a bottle of Hennessy still in his hand. "you didn't have to go get wasted, Nate." I sighed. he rolled his eyes.

"you didn't have to go and fuck my best friend." I jumped up at that one.

"I'm not fucking anybody other than you!" I exclaimed loudly. he scoffed.

"then why are you always goddamn with him!" he took a long drink from the bottle, slamming it down on our dresser. he slammed it too hard and it shattered, but it was empty.

seconds later blood filled his hand. "fuck!" he exclaimed. I walked over to him, taking his wrist in my fingers.

"you cut yourself, pretty deep." but he jerked his hand away. he just eyed me down.

"I don't want you touching me. just,"

"no, shut the fuck up." my hand grabbed his wrist and I drug him into the bathroom. he was drunk so he followed without major resistance, but i did have to hold onto him tightly. "sit on the counter." I said without emotion. he did as he was told.

I grabbed the first aid kit and grabbed a wash cloth. first I cleaned the blood away and then put a bandage over it.

my eyes fell down to the wedding ring on my finger. "Nate, I married you because I was so fucking in love with you, I wanted to wake up to you every day. I married you because you are the love of my life and I knew I wanted to be with you for the rest of the days I live. Nate Maloley, I would never cheat on you nor would I ever strive to hurt you." then I grabbed his cheeks and hopped up on my tippy toes to smash my lips against his.

he kissed back instantly, putting a hand around my waist. "I love you, forever and always."