Chapter 29

Tobin's POV Part 1
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
– Albert Einsteins
Saturday September
Doing the same thing everyday, school, soccer and work. It's draining especially when I'm trying to work more hours. Alex doesn't understand why, but it's for us or maybe just me.

It's getting close to October which means Alex and Luke all over the news. Working is distracting from it I guess. Working this long hours, getting more tips and hopefully a bonus for myself.

This money isn't for my wants and need it's actually for this apartment I been looking at. It's outside of Diamond Bar and nice place where my dad and junkie friends would go to. It's a long shot of me getting this place. Alex doesn't know that I've been looking for a place for myself and maybe for her too.

"Tobin your break is over," I hear my coworker Jackson say. "Thanks," I say back as I put my phone looking at this apartment. I went back to work, table after table, new to old customers, and the cute, hot girls who flirt on me most of the team. Finally my shift was over and drove home took a long hot shower.

After I cleaned up, but fresh clean clothes on and then laid in bed thinking about calling Alex, but she might be with her mom or Luke. I pulled my phone out and texted Ashlyn: dude just got off of work lets get faded.

I sent the message and then I was like crap maybe I should lie, like tell her I got something up. Then my phone went off, from Ashlyn: sure I'm up too it but what about Alex?

Good question I asked myself. I replied "I think she busy she won't mind." "Damnit," I mumbled. I got out of bed and walked downstairs, "papa I need to talk to you" I say loudly. "Yeah whats going on," he says.

I walked into the living room and see him turning down the tv. "I have a minor problem," I say. "A problem or a I want to have fun but I'm tied up," he tells me and I laughed. "No" I stuttered. "I used to be a teenager Tobin. Listen me you can't lie to her, because she will find out the truth. If you decided to party no your surroundings especially with those teen girls," he said as I cut him off "papa," I started and he got up and said "Tobin you are serious about Alex so don't fuck up cause one mistake. I don't want to bail you out, find you punching a wall cause she dumps you understood. Be safe but make good decisions." He says patting my back and walking away.

I walked back up to my room and say a messaged from dad: Tobin we need to meet. I laughed and didn't replied, I went into my closet and grabbed black pants with holes in the knees, a white plain shirt, leather jacket and put on black vans and a maroon vans SnapBack. I text Ashlyn: ready meet you there.
30min laters.
I meet Ashlyn at our spot, as I take a sit at the bar. The bartender already knows what I want jack and coke. Ashlyn walks in and gives me a wave as taking her shades off.

"What's up Tobin," she says. "Nada" I tell her. "I thought you didn't pay attention in Spanish class," she asked laughing. "Haha funny" I said then taking a sip of my drink. "But for real what's going on?" She asked again. "You know the same" I mumbled. "Work, school, soccer and then Alex, yeah okay. Well I talked to Ashlyn she said when she comes down for the holidays she wants to talk," she tells me and I just nodded.

We chit chat mainly bullshit talking. We was debating about which party to go to but in my back of mind all I here is what my papa told me. "Ash I'm going to ask this once and you need to be honest okay," I tell her and she nods. I took another drink of my 3 Jack and coke, "Do you think I'm weak?" I asked her and she put her drink down.

"Honestly, yes," she said straight in my face and I rise my hand to the bartender, she came over and I asked for "2 shots please." She handed us our shots and I shot it down as it burn my throat going down.