Calum imagine - Part 1

Your pov

"Mommy. Wake up" someone whispers and strokes my cheek. "Good morning Jeremy" i say and kiss my sons cheek. I turn my head to look if Calum came home last night but he isn't beside me. "Mommy daddy is downstairs, sleeping on our dinner table" "what?" "He looks really bad. Can you help me with waking him up? I tried it that Mary doesn't have to see him like that" he says and smiles sadly. "Go back to your room and play with something. I am going to wake daddy up" i sigh. "I don't want you to be alone with daddy! What if he yells at you again or what if he hurts you? I have to protect you! You are my mommy and I am the man in this house!" Jeremy says and crosses his arms. "Thank you Jer but I've got this" i kiss his cheek and get up. I walk down the stairs to our kitchen. Calum is laying on the table, like Jeremy said, with a half empty beer bottle in his hand. I roll my eyes and walk over to him. "Cal... Calum wake up" no response. "Calum Thomas Hood fucking wake up!" "Ugh (y/n) stop yelling. My head is killing me" he groans. "Again" i say and roll my eyes. "I can't believe you came home drunk again! Isn't it emberassing for you that your own 4 year old son saw you like that?! He doesn't even want me to be alone with you because he is afraid you would hurt me! Or what if Mary sees you like that mhm?! Do you even remember that you also have a 18 months old daughter?! I doubt that!" I whisper-yell at him. "Oh shut up (y/n) and leave me alone" he murmurs and shuts his eyes again.

"Jeremy! Come to the living room please!" I yell. "Coming!" He yells back. "Pack a few things. We are going to grandma for the weekend" i say and his eyes light up. "Grandmaaaa!" He yells excited. We walk up the stairs and I wake Mary up. "Good morning baby girl" i say and she squeals. "We are going to grandmas today. Are you excited?" I ask in a baby voice and she squeals again. I got Mary ready, packed all our things and called my mom to make sure it's okay that we stay a few nights. The only thing I have to do before we leave is to write Calum a note

'Dear Cal,

I know you care less but I want to tell you anyway. The kids and I won't come home for a few nights. I don't want them to see you like that and I don't want to see you like that aswell. You are not the cal I fell in love with anymore. You are an alcoholic.

You are never home. I bet Mary doesn't even know what her dad looks like in reality. Jeremy thinks he has to protect me from you...

Call me if you cleared your mind and when you finally care about us again. But for now I don't see a future with you. I love you but I can't be with you.

Yours, (y/n)'

"Mommy can we go?" Jeremy asks. "In a second sweetie" i walk to the kitchen and put the note on the kitchen table. I kiss Calums cheek and leave.