saturninity

tyler's eyelids sleepily opened to find himself in a strange bed. he quickly looked down to find josh's arm wrapped around his torso. his breath hitched.

did josh get him to have sex? 

oh god. oh god. no- no- this couldn't happen this time. 

tyler closed his eyes and tried to remember what had happened.

he remembered telling josh everything and breaking down right next to him. he remembered gasping out anything that corrupted his brain and josh shushing his sobs.

how humiliating.

he remembered josh holding him as he cried and running his fingers in circles along his back in attempts to calm him. that was all he was able to remember, though.

tears sprung in his eyes. josh wouldn't do that, would he? no... josh cared about him. but then again, that's what tyler had thought about everybody else.

tyler slowly lifted the blanket to find that he was only in his boxers.

no, no, no... it couldn't have happened. it couldn't have.

he pushed josh's arm off of him quickly and to his distaste, waking him. tyler searched for and grabbed his clothes that laid on the floor.

josh's voice came out raspy. "tyler? what are you-"

"do not! do not, josh!" he said loudly, voice already starting to crack.

josh looked a combination between confused and scared. "what's wrong?!"

"i knew it, i knew it. you're all the same," tyler said, slipping his shirt over his head.

"wait, tyler, wait. calm down. i don't know what-"

"it's okay, josh. now i know not to trust anybody. good lesson, thank you," he said as he hurriedly stepped into his pants.

josh rolled out of the bed and blocked the door. "tyler, please sit down and explain. did you have a nightmare?"

"i'm living a nightmare, what's the difference?"

josh stared at him, not muttering a word. their gazes connected and contrived an utter plea for mortality from tyler.

"tyler, do- do you think i took advantage of you?"

"oh, don't play dumb."

"no, no, no," josh said, quickly shaking his head in a desperate attempt to defend himself. "i think you had an anxiety attack or something... you were crying and saying all of these crazy things- scary things. you kept your eyes closed, you wouldn't even look at me. then you started pacing and sweating really hard. i- i didn't know what to do. i helped you walk in here and helped you take your clothes off to help you cool down. i would never, ever do what you're thinking i did. i just held you as you cried. i promise..."

tyler looked at josh, then to the bed, and then back at josh. he wanted to say something, but couldn't think of anything to say.

"i... i love you," josh said.

all tyler could do was stare at him harder.

____________

*whispers* the lucifer effect wait, what?

oh, and saturninity means inclination to silence.

the more ya know.

EDIT: i will update in a few days bc this was short, i had to stop where i did for a reason though