Erik

"Thanks for taking me to the airport, Erik." Eliza says.

I smile and nod. "Of course, liebe." I look around the airport trying to see if I can find this 'Jason' guy. Eliza didn't give an excellent description of him, though. All she said was, 'He's tall and has light brown hair. Oh! And he likes the color green, so he might be wearing a green shirt.'

Lots of help, right?

"Did his plane even land yet?" Getting tired of looking at all the guys wearing a green shirt, I decide to ask an important question.

She bites her lip, looking at me and then laughs nervously. "Haha, uh, yeah, I don't know."

My eyes widen and I look at her. "Eliza! How are we supposed to be looking for Jason if we don't even know if his plane landed yet?" She shrugs. "Stay here and keep looking, I'll go ask."

She crosses her arms. "Why can't I go ask?"

I copy her move and give her smirk. "Because you don't speak German, and yes, they speak English, but I have no idea how Jason looks like just in case he's already here."

She opens her mouth to protest but then closes it. "Yeah, you're right."

"Of course I am. Now stay."

I walk towards a desk labeled 'information.' I walk behind a man and wait for my turn. I get called up and I walk forward.

The lady smiles at me and I smile back. "Entschuldigen Sie, aber wissen Sie, ob sich das Flugzeug aus Charlottesville, Virginia gelandet ist?" (Excuse me, but do you know if the airplane from Charlottesville, Virginia has landed?)

She nods. "Einen Moment bitte." (One moment, please.)

She begins to type on the computer and clicks on something. She looks up at me and shakes her head. "Nein, tut mir leid, aber es kam nicht. Es wird in 30 Minuten landen." (No, I'm sorry, but it did not. It will land in 30 minutes.)

I nod. "Danke." I walk back towards Eliza who is talking to some guy. It can't be Jason because, one, he doesn't have light brown hair, two, he's not wearing green like Eliza suggested, and three, Jason's flight hasn't landed. I make my way over to her and put on a serious face.

"Oh, um, thanks but no. I can't, I have to pick up my cousin from the airport." I hear Eliza say.

The guy moves his hand on her face and moves a strand of hair away. Eliza doesn't flinch or move away. "Oh, come on, Liza. One date. A beautiful girl like you deserves to see around."

Judging by his English accent, he's British. I feel my blood boil.

"My name is Eliza, not Liza." She says in a small voice.

I decide to speak up and I put my arm around her waist. "I'm back, babe."

Eliza looks at me and I give her a small glare. The British guy looks at me, if looks could kill...

"And who are you?" He asks me.

"Me? Oh, nobody, just Eliza's husband, that's all." I say.

"Husband? Liz-I mean Eliza, never mentioned she was married."

"I know, I heard. But I'm here now, so leave my wife alone." I have no idea why, but when I said 'my wife,' my heart jumped. Stupid, right?

He puts his hands up in surrender and walks away. I release my grip on Eliza and look at her. "His flight should be landing soon."

She nods. "Listen, Erik-"

I shake my head. "It's fine. You didn't do anything wrong, anyway."