Erik

It was game day. I was nervous as hell. I'm usually never nervous for games, but this game was going to be special. Eliza was going to be at my game. That's something that Claire never did.

Speaking of Claire, she refused to leave this morning. Despite our managers calling us and telling us that our deal is over, she wouldn't move. She begged me to let her stay. She told me that we could work something out, that she loved me all this time. I almost gave in, almost. The only thing keeping me back was Eliza. Her beautiful smile. Her eyes. The way she laughed when I would say something stupid.

Eliza's the only thing that held me back. I think I have a shot with Eliza, and I don't want to screw it up just because of Claire.

"Hey, man." I turn around and see Marco coming towards me.

I nod my head, "Hey."

He sets his bag down and opens in locker. "How's Claire?" He asks.

Nobody on the team really liked Claire, but they were nice towards her because they knew that I liked her. And Marco was the only one that knew about the deal.

"Uh, we actually broke up." I say. I don't mention that the deal is over because our other teammates are in the locker room with us.

Marco knew what I mean and gives me a nod. "Seriously? You guys looked so happy together." He says, playing along.

I shrug. "Yeah, well, something's aren't meant to be. And I guess me and Claire weren't."

Mats Hummels walks in and says, "You and Claire broke up?" He was clearly surprised.

I nod, "Yeah."

"But w-why? How? You two were the perfect couple!" He says. Other teammates nod in agreement with Hummels.

"Apparently not. She was only with me for more fame and money." I say.

"Do you want me to beat her up?" Aubameyang asked.

I laugh but shake my head. "You can't beat up a girl, Auba. But it's fine. We both agreed on the break up and it's all good."

"How are you fine? You spent 6 months with that girl! You loved her, Erik." Hummels says.

I nod. "True. I did love her. But I realized that she didn't love me in return. And why would I keep loving someone that didn't love me back? I might've hurt her with the break up, but she hurt me when I found out about her cheating."

"Listen, man, we're all so sorry. We're here for you, if you need us, you know that Erik." Auba speaks for the whole team. The rest of the boys nod in agreement with him.

"I know. Thanks guys." I smile.

They all come around me and give me a group hug.

"Ready, guys?" Marco asks.

The guys all nod. I'm confused and just look at Marco.

"1...2...3!" Marco yells.

"We love you, Erik!" The team shouts.

I laugh. "You guys are idiots. But I love you guys too."

They let go of me and we continue getting ready for the match.

••••

I grab my phone and text Eliza before we have to head out.

Hey. Are you here yet? I text.

Eliza: Hey. Yeah I'm at the section where you told me to be at :)

Me: Ok. I'll be out soon :)