Eliza

We finally landed in Germany after what seemed like a hundred years. The plane ride was fine, but the guy behind was a loud snorer. I think Selene recorded him and posted it to her social media.

I tried falling asleep, but Selene was constantly talking about our plans in Dortmund. I occasionally listened, but not really.

"We're here!" Selene stretched.

I yawn. "About time. I'm starving."

"Same. Feed me!" Selene said to a random guy that looked to be around 26 with blonde hair. He was pretty tall. And had a killer smile.

"Where would you like to go, liebe?" He said to Selene.

Selene smiled. "Any good restaurants around... Liebe?"

I slapped my forehead. The guy didn't seem to care, he was smiling at Selene. He seemed familiar for some reason.

"Oh my God!" I gasped. "You're Marco Reus!"

Selene looks at him and gasps. "OMG! How did I not recognize him!?"

I shrug. "She's your biggest fan. Literally. Her room is filled with posters of you." I say.

Marco laughs. "You know who I am?"

Selene and I nod our heads. "Selene loves you."

"No I don't!" Selene says.

Marco gives Selene his killer smile. "You still hungry, liebe?"

Selene nods. "Very."

"Well, grab your bags and your friend, and follow me. I'll be outside, Selene." Marco winks.

He walks away and we instantly start fangirling.

"He called me liebe! Whatever that means!" Selene exclaimed.

"Love. It means love." I say.

"He winked at me. He smiled at me. He called me by my name." She whispered in awe.

I laugh. "Maybe he likes you."

She blushes and shakes her head. "That's impossible. He's, like, rich and famous. And I'm just, well, I'm just Selene Martinez." She pouts. "Let's grab our bags and meet him outside."

I frown. She looked so happy talking with Marco. And Marco looked happy talking to Selene.

We grabbed our luggage and walked outside. Marco was on his phone typing something.

"Hey, Selene. And I never got your name." He says toward me.

"Eliza. I'm Eliza Belkin."

"And Eliza. I just finished texting my friend. He's having a party with the team. You wanna join us?"

I look at Selene. "Uh. Are you sure? I mean, we wouldn't want to interrupt or anything."

"Interrupt? Of course not! Come on! By the way, you just got here. You should at least get to know the team. They're great guys." He smiles.

Selene nods. "Sure. We'll go."

"Great! I'll get my driver to drop your things off at your hotel, then we'll go."

***

"Thank you so much for the ride, Marco." I say.

"It's nothing. But what's wrong with Selene? She's all quiet."

I look over at Selene texting. Usually she smiles for no reason while texting, but not right now. She's just sitting down at the restaurant that Marco brought us to.

"I don't know. This guy is giving her mixed feelings." I say, hoping he'll get the hint.

"Oh. Selene has a boyfriend?" He frowns. Which is the cutest thing ever, may I add.

"Oh! No. Selene doesn't have a boyfriend. She's a single 22 year old."

"That's good." He says. The next thing almost made me choke on air. "Do you think she'll go on a date with me?"

"S-seriously?" I smile.

He nods.

"Yeah!" I cough. "I mean, I wouldn't know. Why don't you ask her." I smile.

He returns the smile. He turns to her. "Uh, Selene?"

Selene looks up and smiles. "Yeah?"

"Would you go on a date with me?" He asks shyly.

Selene lights up and smiles. "I'd love to, Marco."

I smile knowing I helped Selco happen. Is this too soon? I mean, we literally just landed in Dortmund like an hour ago, Selene already has a date with the Marco Reus! And I'm here, just watching them smile at each other. It's incredible how single I am.

But I'm happy for Selene. Really, I am. She's a huge fan of his. And now that he's going on a date with her, a fan, makes me realize that dreams do come true. I smile at the memory of Selene telling me when we were eighteen that she was going to marry Marco Reus, and maybe she will. Who knows? And Marco can rest easy knowing that Selene isn't in it for the fame or money.

"Eliza, come on. We're going to the party now." Selene tells me.

I nod. "Let's go party!"

Marco puts his arm around Selene's shoulders, and they walk out. I'm surprised there aren't paparazzi outside snapping pictures of us.

***

"You'll love the guys! They're great." Marco gushes on his team.

We arrive at the club where the party is at. It looks all high class.

"IDs please?" The guard asks us.

Shit. "Do they accept American IDs?" I ask Marco.

He shrugs, "No clue. Don't worry." He turns to the guard. "It's cool, man. They're with me."

The guard hesitantly nods. "Alright. Go in."

We nod and say thank you. We walk inside and I'm instantly hit with the sound of 'Lets Go' by Calvin Harris and Ne-Yo. Selene puts her arm around my shoulders and says, "Isn't this great?"

I nod. "It really is. Congrats on your date with Marco, by the way!" I smirk.

She blushes. "Thanks. But I owe it to you." I give her a confused look. "Marco told me that you convinced him to ask me out. So thank you. You're my best friend and I love you."

"Anything for my sister," I correct. "And I love you, too."

We hug. "Let's dance!" Sel says.

"Ok, but where's Marco?"

"He's looking for his team. He'll be back."

I nod and dance with Sel. We dance to three songs before Marco returns.

He wraps his arm around the both of us. "I'm back. And I brought some of my teammates."

We turn to greet them.

Marco introduces us to them one by one. But my eyes land on the most electrifying bluish/greenish eyes I've ever seen. He smiles at me and I forget how to breathe.

What is air!?

"And this is-" Marco begins, before blue/green eyes interrupts him.

"I'm Erik. Erik Durm."