Erik

*A week later*

I'm currently sitting down on the bench, when I should be playing. But, nope. Coach put me in the substitutions, but there's only five minutes left, so I'm definitely not playing today.

At least we're winning. Which is kind of surprising, since we've lost our last game. It's our last game before the Germany national team coach chooses players for national games. I don't know yet if I'm on the list, but I hope I am. I really want my two loves to see me play for Germany. Especially Eliza, since she leaves soon.

We haven't talked to Kathrin about Eliza leaving, but we're planning on telling her today. I know she won't react well, and it's gonna break my heart.

The ref blows the final whistle and I stand up clapping my hands in celebration of us winning. 3-1, baby.

I walk onto the pitch and hug Marco.

"Nice goals, man."

"Thanks, bro. I wish you would've played. I don't know what got into his head." He says referring to our coach.

I shrug. "Don't know. At least we'll know who made the team for Germany. I bet you're on the list."

"You're on there too, man." His gaze shifts behind me and he smiles. "Eliza is here."

I turn around and smile once I see her with Kathrin. I scoop Kathrin up in my arms and I kiss Eliza.

"Sorry you didn't get to see me play today." I say.

Eliza shakes her head. "It's fine, Erik. That way I won't have to worry about you getting injured out on the pitch."

"You worry about me?" I smirk.

"Don't push it, Durm."

I smile and hug her. "You love me, though."

She blushes. "Th-those words have never left my mouth."

We get interrupted by Selene.

"Hey, guys!" Selene turns to me, "Hopefully you're on the National team list. Marco needs some friends." She smirks at Marco.

I laugh. "His only friend is me."

Marco grabs my hands in his. "Cause you're the only one I need."

I look at him weirdly and release my hands from his. "Alright."

Eliza and Selene laugh. "Goals."

I glare at them, "Shut up."

We all laugh. Coach interrupts us.

"Durm. Reus. Go to the meeting hall. They're saying the names of the players on the national team."

Me and Marco nod our heads. "Well, let's go." I say.

"I don't think we can go in, Erik." Eliza says.

"You're with me, Eliza. They're gonna let you. And Kathrin, too, cause she's my child."

"Same with you, Selene." Marco says.

I grab Kathrin in my arms, and grab Eliza's hand. We walk to the meeting hall and sit down in our reserved seats.

'Für Herrn Erik Durm und Familie' was written in perfect cursive.

"What does that say? All I can read is 'Erik Durm.'" Eliza whispers.

I laugh silently, since the meeting has begun. "It says 'For Mr. Erik Durm and family.'"

"Oh. Yeah, that makes sense. I'm getting better at understanding German, though."

"Liebe, you just read my name. That's not difficult."