Eliza

Erik Durm. That was his name. Those electrifying eyes belonged to Erik Durm. Number 37 for Borussia Dortmund.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Selene Martinez." Selene introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you, Selene." They say back.

They look at me, expecting me to introduce myself. Erik smirks and my knees go weak.

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Eliza Belkin." I smile at them, trying to avoid looking at Erik.

"Nice to meet you, Eliza." The team smiles.

I smile back.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Erik says.

I blush. Good thing it's dark in the club, otherwise he'd see me red. "Thank you." I say.

"Shall we go get drinks?" Marco suggests.

We all nod. "Sure."

We make our way to the bar and order some drinks.

I don't drink alcohol, even though I'm 21. I just don't like the taste. Or the throat burning sensation afterwards.

"Can I get a water, please?" I ask.

The bartender looks at me funny. "Entschuldigen Sie mich?"

"Huh? Oh, you only speak German. Got it." I say to myself.

"Ein Wasser für die schöne Dame." I hear someone behind me say.

I turn around and see Erik. He smiles at me.

"Hier ist dein Wasser, Liebe." The bartender hands me a glass of water.

I give him a confused look.

"I told him." He says.

I nod. "Oh. Thank you." I say to Erik. I turn to the bartender and say the simple German word, "Danke."

He smiles and attends other people.

I sip on my water, looking around the club. I see Erik sit down next to me. I tense up and try to avoid him.

"So, Eliza. It is Eliza, right?"

I nod. "Yeah. It's Eliza." I say.

"So, Eliza, how long are you in Dortmund?" Erik asks me.

"Until the last week of August."

"Why so short?"

I turn to him and see that he's pouting. I look away so he won't see me blush.

"I start college in September." I say.

He nods. "And you gotta get back to your boyfriend, too, huh?"

I look at confused. "What boyfriend?"

"You don't have a boyfriend?" He asks in awe.

I shake my head. "Nope. No boyfriend."

"Oh. I'd assume a beautiful girl like you would have a guy by her side."

That's the second time he called beautiful. I think nothing about it and decide it's my turn to ask him questions about his love life.

"What about you?" I ask.

"What about me?"

"Where's your girlfriend? Is she here?"

He shakes his head while looking at the ground. "No. She's probably with some other guy right now."

I'm surprised. "Oh. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."