"I know, I know. But it's the holidays, and we're leaving tonight, ok? Why don't you just think about the fact that you'll be home soon, and you can sleep from as long as you'd like tomorrow, and there's no need to worry."

"We don't have any New Year's parties to go to , right, because if I have to interact with another human being again, I'm going to lock myself in my room and start sharpening my knives." She muttered.

"Ok." I said, freaked out, but I was pretty used to this kinda behavior. "Come on. You know what they say. Seize the day."

"Yeah." She laughed. "Seize the day, because tomorrow you might be dead."

"You got that off of Buffy."

"Not denying it."

We walked in silence for a few minutes before I broke it. "So what was the deal with Nick yesterday?"

She shot me a cold glare, and her tone matched the look on her face. "Nothing to do with you. Leave it alone."

I raised my hands in surrender. "Sorry. You know, I'm 97% sure the guy doesn't like me."

"And I'm a 100% sure I don't fucking care." She answered sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "I really don't. He can be a good guy, kinda had anger management problems."

"Really? Like you?"

"Shut up." She shoved me.

I stumbled to the side, laughing, and landed face first in a pile of snow.

Behind me, I could hear Siena struggling not to burst out laughing, even though she wasn't doing a very good job of that. I got up, my face covered in snow, and wiped it off, the cold stinging my skin like tiny little knives.

"Thanks for that." I said, my voice muffled by the snow on my lips.

"My pleasure." She smirked.

I wiped all the snow off my face and flicked it onto her face, causing a surprised look from her. Then, her eyes hardened, and I knew I had made a mistake.

"Oh, it's on." She promised, bend down and throwing a handful of snow at me. Since she didn't actually bother clumping it into a snowball, flecks and pieces of snow were just tossed at my face and torso, scattering all over my jacket. I ran behind a bush and scooped up some snow, hitting her straight in the chest with it.

"Ow! She said, but more out of indignation that pain. She retaliated by sending one to my face, and I caught it, full head on.

After exhausting ourselves for a solid thirty minutes, I came out from behind the bush and called a truce.

"OK." She breathed. We both looked like too much blush had gotten on our faces, noses and cheeks stained pink and breathing heavily.

"Just then, she shoved me into a pile of snow that was behind me and took off, Charlotte running next to her. I got up and shook the snow off my body, looking like a dog. The lady walking on the path gave me a strange look, but carried on.

I ran after her, but she was too far ahead. We came to a stop near the fountain, which had no water running through it and was bone dry. I sat down on the fountain, next to her, and caught my breath, lifting Charlotte up into my lap and petting her.

"Do we need to take her to the vet?" I asked.

"Yeah, she should get a microchip incase she gets lost and her collar falls off. That reminds me, we need to go and her collar fitted when we get back home."

"Ok." I gasped, still catching my breath.

We sat there in silence listening to the silence of the park, which had emptied in the few hours we had been there. For good reason. It was pitch black and pretty cold outside.