Chapter 7 "Search"

Start from the beginning

That I can do and have already done. Just check your phone and head for the soul society. You’ll be able to get to the location easier that way then just opening a door.

Why is that?

Because the spot that that soul door opened up to is a location where you can wind up in the mouth of a volcano, in the middle of the sea, or anywhere for that matter.

I see. Then we’ll head for the Soul Society and go from there.

Good luck on finding her.

We’ll need more than just luck. We’ll need a miracle to get her and ourselves out of there alive.

(Toshiro left to find the others and get them ready to go after Kiba, but Kiba herself was making plans to escape and get back to Toshiro and the others.)

“This room isn’t going to be easy to get out of. Nor is getting this collar off, but I can’t just sit here and do nothing. I need to get back to Toshiro and the others, before they try to come here after me, and knowing Toshiro as I do. He will not stop till he gets here and gets everyone out safely. I just hope that I can get out of here and meet up with him before him and the others start making their way here to me.”

(Door opens and One-eye steps in and the housekeeper is right behind him with a tray of tea and sweet dumplings. She sits it down, bows, and backs out of the room closing the door as she goes. One-eyes sits down and waves for Kiba to do the same, but she just stays standing by the window. She watches him for a moment more and then let’s her gaze fall to the since outside of the window.)

You can hate me all you want, Fox. Your not leaving this room and that’s that.

I don’t hate you One-eye. I just don’t like being here and you know that.

You can’t go to him.

And why not?! What has Toshiro ever done that makes you think that I shouldn’t be by his side. I’d like to know.

(Looks at One-eye with arms out wide, waiting for an answer. One-eye sighs and again waves Kiba over to sit with him. Kiba let’s her arms drop to her sides and walks over to sit on the pillow a crossed from him.)

I know how you feel about that soul reaper and I know how protective he has become of you.

Then why don’t...

(One-eye holds his hand up and Kiba falls silent. One-eye’s eyes are closed and he takes a deep breath, then opens his eyes again and meets Kiba’s cool icy bluish green eyes, that match Toshiro’s eyes. And speaks.)

I don’t want you to get killed, nor do I want to see that young soul reaper lose his life over you. I know you two are found of each other, but that fondness is what will get the both of you killed and those that are around you. *sigh* Fox, I’m not doing this because I want to. I’m doing it to try and protect both you and that soul reaper friend of yours, but to do that I have to keep you here where your safe and away from him.

(Kiba let her fox ears drop and her head and eyes fall to the floor, the understanding of One-eye’s words. One-eye took his hand and gently lifted Kiba’s chin back up, so that she was looking him in the eyes once more.)

I know your hurting and I know your planning to try and escape, but Fox please think this through before you go doing anything.

(Kiba just nodded and One-eye let his hand fall from her chin and picked up a cup of tea and set it in front of her then he put the three sweet bounds in front of her as well and got up to leave. Only to be stopped by Kiba asking a simple question.)

Can I at least have the door left open so that I can see the garden?

(One-eye without turning around answer her in a gentle voice.)

I’ll leave it opened for you and you can sit out on the porch, but the collar will not let you set foot off of the porch.

(With that said he left Kiba to her thoughts and left the two sliding doors wide open for her to be able to see all of the small garden and even the core fish pond that sat to one side of the stone path that lead to the training ground.)

“I set on the porch watching the fish swim in the little pond. The garden had a variety of plants in it. Anything from bamboo, roses, water lilies, and much more. I turned my eyes from the white and orange colored fish to the room that has become my cage. Inside is a small oak wood table with two blue pillows on each side of it, red and yellow lanterns hang from the ceiling, a few wall scrolls with animals paint on them hang on the walls, and a futon is laid out  near the window where the moon’s light shines in during the night. There is one scroll in the whole room that catches my eyes every time I scan the room. The wall scroll has a twelve tailed, winged fox painted on it. The fox’s fur is black and white. And written on the right side of it is the two words that I can’t and never will forget. The words are Phantom Fox. My old name before Toshiro gave me the name Kiba. I let my eyes scan the wall scroll for a few minutes more, then let them come to rest once more on the core fish pond and the little white and orange fish that dwell in its shallow water. As my thoughts flow through my head on what it is I should do next.”