chapter 20

After the whole thing with Claire, I wanted to be alone and think about my past. I mean it wasn't the greatest, ok actually it was pretty shitty and I did fuck up shit but I tried to be a better person at the end of it. I mean I stop fighting and stayed in school. Fuck I was going to join the army and try my hand at making that a career. But nothing went right. My world ended the dead growlers came to being. I know it wasn't just my world but it was everyone's world. For those who lost their lives and to those who are living trying to overcome all of this. I just wanted to be ok again. But then again what was I going to go back to. Not my family, the army yeah but after that, I had nothing. I lost the love of my life then and I wasn't shutting out my family because they treated me like shit. But because of all of this, i find a family and people I can actually call my friends. Fuck I met someone who I care deeply for and somehow I became a mom. I know Tabi is ten years old but somehow I was completely fine with this. I was taken out of my thoughts with the sound of Ken's voice. "Hey, we need help. I sent runners to shore but they are trapped by some growlers if anyone can help that would be amazing" he said. "Alright ken tell me where they are and my crew will help out" I reply to him. "Thank you, Jackie. They are on the corner of 56 and Lexington where whole foods is." I know exactly where that is. I used to go to high school there. Art and Design was a good place.

I meet a lot of good people there but I wonder where they are now. I hope they weren't in the city and if they are I hope they good or dead. I wouldn't want anyone I know to be a growler. I was starting to round of some people when I felt the skin burn. "Jackie there's a freak" yell Lucy. "you guys help ken's boys out I'm going to Lucy " I shouted as I ran towards the gate. I needed to control myself but I needed to get to BMCC as fast as I can. I let my anger take control of me.

I got there right as the freak made its way to the gate.I push myself to go faster and when I was close enough I tackle it was all my strength. That wasn't the best idea because it felt like I ran straight into a brick wall. I bounce off of it and landed on my back. I moaned in some pain but quickly got up. I took out my machete just in time because as soon as I got up it swung its arm at me. I block it with my machete and it cut itself. I started to feel my body burn hotter. I needed to control myself. I can't lose myself in this fight, I needed to control myself for Tabi and Riley. While I was trying to regain my control that freak was relentless in its attack. It swung its arms and try to grab me. I dodge every one of them and block off those that came too close. I was moving fast trying to find openings to cut and slash it. This one wasn't as big as the last freak I fought but wasn't as small. I was started to get hot again, my anger was going to take the best of me. I can't let that happen because if I do I will get reckless and get myself killed. I needed to what Claire did yesterday to help me. I needed to relax my body and think. That was going to be hard because I was fighting for my life and for the lives at BMCC. I just didn't fight for them, I am doing this because of Tabi who was just some scared kid who clung to my back when I save her, I'm doing it for Sally and her son who I told where to find safety, I'm doing this for Claire who I save because she was Sally world, I'm doing this for myself because I find people who are now a part of me and needed me.

I wasn't going to go down. My body was still burning up but I felt some unlock itself within me. I felt my body heat rise but at the same time, I felt myself controlling it better. I felt my body tense up the release that tension. I felt lighter and my teeth weren't poking out anymore. I was in full control now. I saw every movement that freak made and move to counter it. With each hit, i block and hit back. It grabs at me and I cut some of its fingers off. It cried out in pain and I move into its space to slash it. I jump and laying on its board shoulders. I was stunned that I could do this. It felt like my whole world became sharper and cleaner for me to fight. I stabbed it neck twisting my blade dipping into it. I cried out again and when I pull out my blade I push it towards the side of its neck severing the spinal cord. It fell to the ground and I looked up to see the people at BMCC looking at me. I didn't know what they were going to, but then someone started cheering. I was taken back by that and when more started I began to blush. I was going to go but then I saw Lucy and she came running towards me. She throws her arms around me and thanks me for saving her people. "Anytime," I said and started running to where my crew was. "Do anyone need any help?" I said into my walkie-talkie. "No boss we're fine we are getting ken's runners back to him as we speak," said Luke. I smile at that and made my way home.