Oh yeah, prove it

Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning feeling like shit. Yeah it was that bad that i used a swear word. All night I kept trying to convince myself that I would be ready for the bullies and the torture I would face when I announced I lied. Except I wasn't. It was already bad enough that I got teased, but now lying to the whole Junior class was taking it to another level. Who knows maybe even more people know because rumors spread fast. That was it, my life was ruined. Time to go to a new school.

I decided to wear the outfit that Ashton picked out for me because after all I always wanted to dress like that anyways. Plus I might just attract a new fake boyfriend on my way to school. Who am I kidding that's not gonna happen no matter how pretty I become.

I hopped in the shower, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. Then I recurled my hair and watched a YouTube video to attempt at makeup. When I finished I looked really pretty if I do say so myself.

Next, I called Mary because ofcourse my bitchy sister had woken up early to make sure she didn't have to drive me. Just to be 100 percent though, I walked downstairs and just like I thought, she was gone.

Mary pulled up no more than 5 minutes later. I was just happy that she was always there for me like a real friend should be. If Ashton hadn't been such a dick, then I would've had a permanent ride to school each day. Woah I was just on a role with swear words today.

I arrived at school and got out of the car as quickly as I could. I just wanted to get the most humiliating day of my life out of the way.

As I walked into the school, all eyes were on me. People were full on staring and I HATE when people stare at me. Guys were looking at me like I was some fresh meat that they just couldn't wait to devour and the girls just looked like they hated me or they wanted to be me. I could hear people saying things like, "DAMNN" and "the new chick is hot". Some guy even asked me for my number.

I was nearly to the cafeteria for breakfast, when a group of girls blocked my way. Not just any group of girls though. Yeah you guessed it, it was my sister and her friends.

"Umm excuse me, who are you," asked my sister.

Was she seriously that dumb? Did she really not know who I was. Wow what some hairdye and makeup can do.

"Yeah who are you, you kind of look like my friend Denver," said Hailey Anderson.

Duh.

I was lost for words and I didn't know what to say.

"I'm well I look like her because...well im-"

"Just spit it out already!"

Just as I was about to answer, Mary walked up to me.

"Jen you don't have to explain yourself if you don't want to," She cut in.

So even she knew I was screwed if I tried to make it look like I had boyfriend yesterday, but we broke up.

Denver shrieked.

"Wait...Jennifer? That's you, " She asked.

Even though she bullied me, she was the one person that wouldn't call me Jen no matter what. I HATE THAT NICKNANE.

"Y-y-yes it-it's me," I stuttered.

Then she started laughing. She was really starting to confuse me.

"Jennifer, you are THAT pathetic that you lied about having a boyfriend and then thought that by looking pretty you could distract us from you lying. Oh no it didn't work. Where's your boyfriend Jennifer," my sister challenged me.

Even though she had just basically embarrassed me in front of everyone, I could only focus on what she said before that. SHE called ME pretty. That never happened. So I was finally pretty in my sisters mind. I was about to tell her thank you, but I remembered the boyfriend that I made up. It was time to admit that I had lied.

"Well you see," I started.

Suddenly another voice appeared.

"I'm her boyfriend."

Everyone gasped.

I looked over to my right to see Ashton, with his arm draped around me. He leaned down and whispered in my ear "Sorry I'm a jerk." I blushed.

"You have got to be kidding me," screamed my sister.

Ashton laughed.

"She really is bitchy," He said.

This caused my sister to scream even louder.

"You called me a bitch," She asked.

This time I laughed. I couldnt help it. Seeing her mad always seemed to crack me up.

Hailey Anderson spoke up.

"I don't believe you guys are dating. Why would the hottest guy in our school date YOU?"

That stung. It was the way she said you as if I was the most vile creature she had ever seen. And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, my sister cut in.

"Yeah, how much did you pay him Jennifer? If he would date anyone, it would be me, the hot twin. Plus I've never even seen you two talk when we have those dinners with his family."

I frowned. Dammit my cover was blown. Ofcourse she had never seen me and Ashton talk, because we never really did.

"Look Denver, I don't like you because you are just plain bitchy and your sister is actually a cool person," he looked over at me. "I mean Yeah i would like to get in your pan... I mean we never really talked in front of you because we wanted to keep our relationship a secret. Then Jen blew our cover by announcing to you all so yes we really are dating. I know I am way out of her league, but it's about what's on the inside, not the out," Ashton said.

For a second I almost teared up. I didn't know if I should be offended or not though. It was kind of sweet what he said. Too bad he was acting. I'm glad I picked him to be my fake boyfriend. Everyone looked like they actually believed him. Everyone except for my sister that is.

"Oh yeah, prove it."

Prove it! How?! I had no idea how we were gonna pull this one off. Why couldn't she believe it like everyone else?

Ashton smiled. I guess he knew a way. He turned towards me, eyes bearing deep into my soul. What was he gonna do?

Slowly, he leaned in. I would've backed away normally if all these people weren't here, but there was no turning back now. Next thing I know, his lips were on mine.

A/N

Oooo cliff hanger. Tell me what you think is going to happen.