"It's really cute how they act around each other." A voice said at my ear.

"Yeah. Sometimes I think they-" I agreed, turning around before my words died in my mouth.

A girl stood in front of me, her eyes twinkling. "Umm." I said, my mind going blank.

"Come on Dylan. You can't tell me you don't recognize your best friend." She said, a smile spreading across her face.

"Siena?" I said, shocked. She laughed quietly, it ringing out like chimes. "You look...." I drifted off, not sure how to describe her. My mouth felt dry enough to be another Sahara Desert. It was true. She did look stunning. My tongue decided to tie itself into knots. She eclipsed every other person there. She had done her hair differently, and it tumbled down her back in curls, tangling perfectly. Red. Red looked amazing on her. She looked every bit as fierce as she was. She was ethereal.

It was no wonder all eyes followed her. I saw various guys staring at her, and felt a bit uncomfortable. But I wasn't feeling possessive. I had no right to feel that way. She was a person, not an object. I just didn't like the way other guys were leering at her.

A light pink blush stained her cheeks, but I barely noticed it. "Thank you." She said, smiling. I wish she would smile more. It was truly captivating. Her smile was the kind you saw on television, the kind that people paid millions of dollars to have seen.

"Should we go get something to drink?" She asked me, turning around and walking into the kitchen. I followed her in a daze, unable to tear my eyes away from her. She chatted quietly as she poured us two glasses of punch. "I really hope you like my present. I had such a hard time figuring out what you wanted this year."

I swallowed back the words that were threatening to leap from my tongue, and stammered out, "I think you're gonna really enjoy my present. It's something I've thought about getting you for a really long time."

She shot me a confused look as she set the glass of punch in front of me, taking a sip of her own. "Really? Cool."

"What happened to the other Siena? The one with too many Harry Potter and Doctor Who t-shirts and who wouldn't be caught dead with makeup on?" I smirked, teasing.

She rolled her eyes. "Calli. Calli is what happened. She begged me, and like the most amazing and wonderful friend I am, I couldn't turn her down."

"Calli and Jake are coming back with us and opening presents at our place, right?" I asked, glancing down at the punch, anywhere besides her, otherwise I wouldn't be able to speak again.

"Yeah." She said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'm wondering where they went. They seem to have disappeared." She smirked.

I laughed loudly. "I'm sure they're probably close by, just talking somewhere else."

"Yeah. sure. Talking." She muttered disbelievingly, smirking.

"Siena!" I said, pretending to be shocked but really just amused.

"Hey Dylan!" A voice echoed behind us.

I turned around. "Emma!" I said, giving her a hug. "What's up!"

"It's so nice to see you all here." she said giddily, squeezing me back tightly. She moved her lips near my ear and muttered, "I saw your reaction. She looks nice, doesn't she?" She drew back slowly, smiling knowingly at me.

"Umm." I smattered. That word seemed to become part of my permanent vocabulary tonight.

Emma took me to the side and muttered. "Have you told her how you feel yet? Because I'm seriously tempted to go and tell her if you don't soon."