Chapter 5: That went well

Raven Pov

Spending time with Robyn is always fun. We spent the day shopping and eating ice cream. She's very intrigued about Chresanto. I answered all the questions I could about him. She wants to meet him now. Once we got to the apartment Giovanni and Logan helped bring our bags inside. As I was putting some clothes in the drawer and some in my bag I hear a knock at my door. "Come in." Giovanni walked into my room.

"Hey. I was wondering if you would like to go to the movies with me tonight." He rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"Sure. Is this your way of asking me on a date?" He nods while smiling sheepishly. "Ok. I'll make sure I look nice."

"I'm sure you always look nice." He smiles leaving my room. I blush and begin to get ready for the date. Once I'm done I walk downstairs to see Giovanni dressed in jeans and a button up.

"You look pretty." He tells me smiling.

"Thanks. Lets go." He escorts me into his car. It's a 2009 red Chrysler 300. "Nice car."

"Thank you." He opens my door then gets in and drives off. We go to watch The Purge Election Year. That movie was amazing. I stayed on the edge of my seat. After the movie he took me to red lobster to eat. I like red lobster so I didn't mind. As we were eating and enjoying our conversation my facetime ringer went off. I pulled out my phone to see it was Chresanto. I text him that I'll call when I get home. He sent me a kissy face emoji. 

"Who was that?" Gio asks.

"Just a friend. I always call him around this time." I shrug it off.

"Why are you calling a male at night?" Gio asks a little tense.

"He's my friend. It's just something we do. And frankly it's none of your business." I state sipping my daiquiri.

"If you're my girl it is my business." He grips the side of the table.

"I'm not your girl. It's just a first date remember that." I stare defiantly in his eyes. He sighs and sits up straighter.

"I'm sorry. Its just I really like you."

"You don't know me Gio."

"That's why I want to date you. I want to get to know you." I roll my eyes at him. "Don't do that. I'm being serious." I sigh.

"Just get the check so we can go. I'm feeling tired." He nods sadly and waves the waiter down. I pay for my meal after a slight argument with him. We sit in the car in silence as he drives.

"I'm sorry Raven." He tells me.

"I know."

"You forgive me?" I nod. "Good. Is there a chance of a second date?" He sounds hopeful.

"Maybe..Maybe not. We'll see." He nods slowly. When we get to the apartment I walk out first and open the door.

"Can I talk to you Raven?" I hear Logan from the couch. I walk over and sit down. Giovanni walks in and sits on the love seat. "I need to speak with her alone." Logan tells Gio. He gets up and walks out of the apartment.

"Where's Robyn?" I look around the room.

"In bed. Do you like Gio?" Logan was always outright. I liked that about him.

"Slightly. Why?"

"Be careful of him. He's not a good guy to date and I don't want you to get hurt. You're like a little sister to me. And I know that you're gonna do what you want but just know I'm here for you and I'm warning you to be careful. ok?" I nod my understanding. He smiles and kisses my head."Good night." He stands and goes to the door. I think he's getting Gio. I walk to my room, facetime Chresanto and change into my pjs.