sixty one

josh returned home at around ten o'clock that night. he was quiet, noting that all of the lights were out. maybe tyler was asleep, he wouldn't want to wake him.

the boy shut the door behind him slowly, making sure it was closed and locked. in the darkness, josh could make out tyler's figure on the couch. that was pretty strange, considering tyler always made it a point to fall asleep in his bed. well, their bed.

josh didn't want him to be uncomfortable as he slept. so, being the good boyfriend he is, he walked over and scooped tyler's small frame up. he noticed his phone on the floor beside him. but he knew tyler would get it in the morning, so he left it there. as he walked to their room, he noticed how non content and unsatisfied tyler looked in his sleep. maybe he was having a bad dream. either way, josh would be there for him.

slowly, josh laid tyler down on his side of the bed. afterwards, josh turned on the light in their room and proceeded to get undressed and into pajamas. he put his phone on the charger and his keys in the usual spot as well. just as josh was about to get into bed and turn off the lights, he noticed something.

tyler's face was tear stained.

this broke josh's heart into pieces.

he didn't know why tyler would have any reason to cry. but once he found out, he was not going to be happy. hopefully nothing happened at brendon's house. josh would hate to have to hurt tyler's best friend.

nonetheless, josh leaned down and placed a kiss on tyler's lips and forehead. he pulled the blanket over the younger boy and gently tucked it into his sides.

josh turned off the light finally and crawled into bed beside his boyfriend. he was still hurt at the sight of seeing tyler like this, but he wasn't going to wake him up, that wouldn't help. tyler needed his sleep. he seemed worn out.

he pulled the covers up and looked over at the man beside him. the younger boy laid on his side, one arm now draped over tyler, and one under his pillow. he ran his fingers through tyler's hair, even though he knew tyler wouldn't notice. and placed a soft kiss on the back of his neck, sort of a good night kiss.

"i love you baby boy, don't ever forget that." josh whispered before falling into a deep sleep.

but as the next day came by, tyler found that hard to believe.

-—-

updates 2 days in a row wow that's surprising!! but i'm sorry this is getting kindof sad

also i'm pretty pissed about the lola thing omg. but i love you all and thank you sm for reading and everything !!

- angel