My Clio or Not?

"Let's go Zak! Time to hit the road" Aaron came barging through my front door screaming the house down.

"Please tell me why I let you had a goddamn key to my place?" I came out of my room pretty pissed off.

"Because you did. Now what's with the crappy face? Dude it's GA time, lockdown! Travel!" Aaron was waiting for a fist bump or something but I wasn't in the mood so instead I just walked past him ignoring his fist. "Or not."

"Let's go, dying to get out of here" I mumbled.

We loaded up the RV and got on the road, a part of me needed time away as the whole Clio thing was purely fucking me over. How could someone be so confusing? She gives me her number, refuses to answer my calls, doesn't text me back but yet comes to my work and fucks with my head.

I dove on the bed and had a little sleep before we arrived, we weren't heading too far out. Our lockdown was only 5hrs out of Vegas and RV was a better way to travel and plus we where 5hrs away from Clio. Maybe it's best to steer clear of that?

"Hey buddy you okay?" Jay knocked on my door and proceeded to let himself in. "I'll take one shot, Clio?"

"Was it that hard to guess?" I grunted by eased up and had a little laugh. "For someone to come knot my life and complicate things in under a month is pretty good isn't it?"

"Zak how about I set you up with Meg?" Oh fuck no, my forehead cringed and I whacked a pillow over my face. "C'mon on, distract you from Clio?"

"I don't need a distraction I need her to answer my calls or at least pick one fucking mood and stick with it!"

"Sorry but Zak you don't need this in your life. Fuck her off man, look at what she is doing to you."

"She thinks she is a bad person, I think she has a bit of a nasty past. She told me she had to leave a while back, she lived in Paris." Jay was someone I could totally rely on, so I half opened up to him.

"Did she say why?"

"No. She left as I was trying to get her to say it, I dunno man looking into her eyes there was terror but a lot of history, a lot of hiding. I can feel it." I glanced out at the window just wishing I knew how her brain operated or how I could get inside her mind and work her out.

"Well google her? Do you know a last name or anything?" Jay always had an answer.

"Nope. Her name is Clio and I know where she lives and that's it." I held my hands up offering all that I knew, see why I don't date? It's so fucking complicated.

We sat in silence as we tried to think of something but nothing, Jay headed out and I followed. We sat around the table discussing our lockdown, interview and how to set up the angles. My phone buzzed but I wasn't interested as my head was focused with work, Aaron snooped over and gasp.

"Ooh la la Clio" he made kissy noises. "Lover girl Clio!" He shouted.

"Fuck up man!" I snatched my phone and shoved it in my pockets. "Focus" I snarled at Aaron.

"I knew a Clio, well heard of a Clio on the news. She was a psycho, killed two people. It's was in the news 4 years ago, walked away with murder." Bacon who was driving decided to give his opinion.

My body froze, heart pounding.

"Oh yea dude I heard that! Unexplainable reasons for death and she was the last person with the dead person? Yea that was crazy, but no one knew who she was. It was all very secretive." Aaron waved it off and got back to work.

My mind turned to Clio and how she told me about her life, how she had to leave to adjust to her new life. My hands began to sweat, my heart started to beat faster than it should've and my mind was pondering the idea that Clio could be the one they were discussing.

"Zak!" Aaron threw a cord at my face.

"Throw another thing at me and I'll kick your ass!" I slammed the table and got up, this was getting too much for me.

I pulled my phone out to read the text.

'You're not at work? I miss you. C x'

I wasn't replying, I needed to see Clio sooner rather than later. I will be asking her about this, I needed to find out this story. I needed to know who was murdered and why and if my Clio was the killer Clio.

"I'm sorry dude" Aaron came up apologising. "What are you looking at?" He glanced at my phone.

"Dude you don't think" he looked surprised, he scoffed and chuckled. "Don't be silly."

"There could be a possibility, right?"

"There are a billion Clio's in the world and you think you got this one?" He laughed again and pulled me into a bro hug. "I thought you weren't even interested in her?" Aaron pulled his phone out and headed back to the table.

"More interested now than ever." I whispered to myself.