Chapter 18 - Drunk Joey

Joey POV:

It had been a month since me and Shane had our first kiss and the month had been a roller coaster full of emotions. We had organised a welcome party and invited a group of people over for the evening, but the worst part was that most of them didn't know about us, so we couldn't act ourselves around each other.

We were both getting all the food and drinks ready for the evening.

Joey: Are we getting any alcohol for tonight?

Shane: Yeah if you want, it doesn't bother me...Just don't get too drunk-.

He pulled me in towards him and kissed me on the neck.

Shane: - because who knows what you'll say when you're drunk.

I smiled up at him and hugged him.

Joey: Don't worry I won't.

--------

Shane POV:

It was 7pm and the door bell rung. Joey went to the door and greeted Sawyer and Tyler.

Tyler: Hey me and Sawyer just came from making a video, luckily not a drunk one this time! We'll leave that for tonight. So how are you two?

Both me and Joey looked over at Sawyer. Had he told Tyler about us?

Sawyer: I'm sorry he guessed and I couldn't lie!

Tyler: I knew it was true! My gaydar is always right.

Joey wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pulled me towards him.

Shane: Ha okay but please don't tell anyone? We're just room mates to everyone else.

Tyler: Of course I won't. But for now we need to do shots.

Tyler pulled out a bottle of vodka from under his jacket and Sawyer pulled out a load of shot glasses.

Shane: Well I'm definitely filming how this goes.

We all walked over to the table and they began pouring out the shots while I watched. I never once regretted not drinking, it was sometimes more fun to watch the others around me drunk. They each downed 3 shots each before the door rang.

Shane: I'll get it.

As i went to the door they had downed another shot.

By 8pm nearly everyone had arrived and Joey, Sawyer and Tyler were by far the drunkest. A lot of people had their cameras out filming them, no doubt to go on youtube the next day.

Joey grabbed me from behind and placed his mouth right next to my ear.

Shane: Joey, what are you doing?

I was trying my best to look confused but I was panicking at what he was going to do next. He began to whisper into my ear.

Joey: God I love you.

Shane: Joey stop.

Tyler pulled him away and they went off to dance. I let out a sigh of relief. I looked over at him and he caught my eye. He began to point towards me mouthing 'I love you'. I wanted to smile and mouth it back but I couldn't.

The night was getting later and Joey was getting drunker. Sawyer began to sober up and apologise for letting Tyler know about us, but that didn't bother me.

Luke: Erm Shane, I think you need to go see Joey. I went into the next room and Joey was was stood in the middle with Tyler and everyone else stood around them.

Joey was more that drunk, with his slurred speech and he had no control over what he was saying...and neither could Tyler.

Joey: GUYS guys...i've got a secret.

Tyler: SHHHHHH

Tyler put his hand to Joeys mouth but took it away again laughing.

Joey: I ca- can't help it. I'm in love!

I little smile came across my face, wiping away my anxious face. I couldn't stop Joey now, it was too late. Joey caught eyes with me and pointed.

Joey: YOU.

Everyone looked around to me. He began to stumble over, falling into Cat along the way. He reached over to me, grabbed my face and pushed his lips into mine. I could hear people gasping and I pushed away from him, shocked.

Joey: I loooove you Shaney!

Everyone's eyes were on me, I didn't know what to do. I grabbed his arm and he tried to resist.

Shane: I think you should stop drinking.

Joey: Why why you being like this?

Shane: Stop.

Sawyer: Come on Joey, stop it.

He looked at us both confused. Tyler walked up behind him.

Tyler: Ohhhhh come on Shane don't hide it.

Joey: Yeah Shane.

He went in for a kiss again but I pulled back. He turned around and began to walk away again.

Joey: I don't care what you do Shane but I know you love me. Pfft ask Sawyer, he walked in on us.

The room was deadly silent, with mouths dropped open and shocked faces. Sawyer grabbed Joey and pulled him out the room with Joey resisting him. I followed him out.

I grabbed a glass of water and handed it to Joey.

Shane: Thank you Sawyer.

Sawyer: I'm just glad I sobered up.

Joey grasped the collar of my shirt and pulled me to him again.

Joey: I'm gonna fuck you.

His hand reached down and grabbed my crotch, with his mouth to my neck.

Shane: Joey stop it.

I pulled him off of me and made him drink the water. Tyler suddenly burst into the room.

Tyler: SHANE AND JOEY SITTING IN A-

Sawyer grabbed him and pushed him back out the room.

Shane: Stay here Joey okay?

I left the room to check on how everyone was. All of them looked confused and intrigued by what Joey had said, but no one was asking.

Joey: GUYS IM GAY.

I shot round to see Joey stood on one of the chairs...shit. I couldn't stop him this time.

Joey: -and I, I love Shane...and he loves me and we have been for a month. THERE I said it Shane! Now everyone knows.

I stood in silence for a minute with everyone staring at me.

Shane: Ahem well guys thank you for coming tonight, I hope you enjoyed yourself but I'm afraid I'm going to ask you all to leave.

Sawyer helped me thank everyone on there way out and apologise for Joey. He was going to stay and help sober up Tyler and Joey.

Sawyer: What a night.

Shane: You can say that again.

The next hour was spent trying to get both of them to sleep before we sat down on the couch exhausted.

I couldn't believe the night I just had, and I'm sure Joey won't even remember anything he said in the morning.

Sawyer: Erm Shane.

He handed me his phone and on the screen was a recently uploaded video from an unknown YouTube page...it was Joey, and it showed everything he said and had done tonight...

Shane: Shit.

It was gaining views... fast.