Chapter 3: Denial.

Shane POV:

I slumped down into the sofa with my hands to my head. What had just happened, my emotions took over me. I'm dating Lisa. I don't love Joey, the shoey ship just went to far, that's all...Yeah i'm sure it's that.

I picked up my phone and began to ring Lisa.

Lisa: Heyy baby!

Shane: Hey Lisa, everything okay?

Lisa: Yeah sorry I forget you were filming a new video with Joey-

Joey, just the name gave me butterflies.

- did I disturb you?

Shane: aha no not really. What was up?

Lisa: You okay Shane, you seem upset?

Shane: Oh you know, tired haha. But really what was up?

Lisa: Oh it wasn't a big deal don't worry! I was just wondering whether you wanted to go out for dinner in a min?

Shane: Yeah sure! -

This would definitely keep my mind off things.

- I'll be over soon.

Lisa: great, love you.

Shane ...Love you too.

I threw the phone onto the table and led back in the chair. My mind kept replaying the moment in my head. I shook my head and headed out the door. As I went to get in the car I got a text.

Text from Joey: Shane, I don't know what happened but we need to talk.

Shane to Joey: I can't right now, I'm going out for a meal with Lisa :).

Joey to Shane: Shane you can't just forget that ever happened!

Shane to Joey: But nothing happened.

I got in the car and drove to get Lisa.

Joey POV:

Nothing happened? What was Shane playing at? I kept thinking about the moment he began kissing me for real and then how he acted straight after... Nothing added up. Why was he denying it?

Shane POV:

I was with Lisa at the restaurant and no matter how hard I tried, the afternoon kept repeating itself. I couldn't get joey out of my head. Lisa kept asking me throughout the night, she could tell something was wrong.

Lisa: Shane really, what's on your mind?

I kept telling her I was tired, but she didn't believe me.

Shane: Oh this new video... I don't know if it's gonna work.

I was lying. I don't think I could bring myself to editing it.

Lisa: Oh the one with Joey-

Just as she said that Shane's phone vibrated on the table. It was Joey.

Lisa: - oh and speak of the devil hahaha.

I remained emotionless as I picked up my phone.

Joey: Please Shane don't do this...We need to talk about this.

I ignored the text, I wasn't in the mood.

Lisa: what did your "boyfriend" want then?

I looked up at her quickly, before realising what she said.

Shane: oh nothing, might meet up tomorrow to edit the video.

We paid for the meal and headed back to the apartment, and as I entered the house I had another flashback.

Shane: Get out my head.

I mumbled as I raised by hands to my head.

Lisa was stood behind me, and she brought her hands around my waist and proceeded to hug me.

Lisa: What's that baby?

Shane: Oh nothing. You going to bed?

Lisa: Yeah, you joining?

Shane: Erm I think I'm gonna make a start editing the new vid.

She kisses me on the forehead and leaves the room. I took the camera off from the tripod and began downloading the footage onto the mac, where I began to see snippets of the fake kiss again. Once it was downloaded, I noticed the footage continued to when Joey was shouting and then... You could hear every word. I put in my headphones and began to listen to that moment again, the moment up until....I kissed him. I picked up my phone and began to reply to Joeys text.

Shane to Joey: Meet me at my house tomorrow around noon? We could begin editing.

Joey POV:

He was still acting as if nothing was happening. I'm not sure if Lisa was watching him over his shoulder, so maybe this was a way of him wanting to talk? I just replied;

Joey: Yeah sure, I'll see you then.

I arrived at Shane's house the next day, this time there were no hidden cameras that I knew of. He answered the door, still in his Pyjamas with his bed hair.

Joey: Erm did I wake you aha?

Shane: Well you would have five minutes ago haha.

I entered the house, but this time there was no warm reception, he just simply showed me to the computer.

Shane: Yeah I'm just gonna get changed a minute, but you can have a look and see what I've done do far.

He left the room before I could reply. I began to watch the video and it was perfect until the scene where we kissed. He managed to make it look so staged, like he was really faking it. But I knew he wasn't.

Shane entered the room again, this time he looked more life like and seemed back to normal.

Shane: Okay so I thought for the kissing scene, I might add-

Joey: Shane. Are we really not going to talk about yesterday.

He ignored me and continued.

Shane - yeah I might add a super slow motion version at the end and-

Joey: I don't believe this.