Chapter Forty Four

Start from the beginning

I look over at my frightened older brother because I know that he only starts asking really stupid questions when he gets nervous.

I walk out onto the steps and the whimpering I heard earlier grows louder. I turn the porch lights on and as soon as I do I cringe at what I see. A person lays on the ground, a very beaten up person. I can tell that it's a man although the way he's laying I can't seem to see his face. But something that does catch my eye is a slip of paper on the person's back. I pick it up, careful not to touch the person but I almost immediately drop it when I notice splotches of blood spread on the paper. I breathe in deeply before opening the paper and reading the few words that are written.

Consider this a warning.

I frown and quickly stand up, stumbling a little bit as I do.

"I'm gonna call the police," I hear Falon says and I whip my head around to look at him.

"Don't," I say shaking my head at him.

"There's a freaking body laying on our doorstep," he hisses at me. "Why the hell wouldn't I call the police?"

"Just call Anita," I say referring to our on call doctor. She was the person who helped Abby after what happened with her and Parker. "It probably looks worse than it is, maybe there's no reason to bring the police into this."

"Are you even hearing yourself right now?" he asks loudly. "This is the perfect reason to call the cops, you-"

"Just do what I said," I growl at him. He squints his eyes at me and gives me a long look.

"Fine."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

About an hour and a half later I'm laying in my room with my arm slung over my face thinking about the note that I found from earlier. What have I done to deserve this type of warning for something?

After Anita go here I didn't bother sticking around and I let Falon explain everything because I literally feel exhausted. I barely got any sleep at all and I know that my parents will be up soon and will want answers. But even after I laid in my bed I couldn't manage to find sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about everything.

After another half an hour of just laying in my bed I hear a knock on my door. I grown, assuming that it's my parents, and shout that they can come in.

"Scott," I look up and see Anita standing in the doorway.

"Oh hey," I quickly sit up and look at her expectantly. "What's up?"

"The patient is awake," she says sighing before rubbing at her eyes. "He's awake and he should be fine. He looked a little worse than he actually was."

"Is he alright to talk to?" I ask standing up straight and stretching.

"I believe so," she says. "He's resting in the infirmary right now. From what I've inspected there are no broken bones or anything so hopefully he won't need to make any trips to the emergency room."

I follow Anita down to the infirmary but when I'm about to go in she insists that she's just wait outside. I shrug and open the door to walk in but stop when I see two people look up at me. Falon smiles at me a little bit and his eyes are red, almost as if he had just been crying.

I take a closer look at the man laying in the bed next to him. He can't be much older than us but his face is completely bruised up. There's a very noticeable scar running across his left cheek but it must be fairly old compared to his other wounds considering how faded it looks. Daniel had almost the same exact one on his left cheek too.

Daniel?

"Hey there stranger," he says smiling at me a little bit. He just used the same nickname that only Daniel used to use for me. I look over at Falon and he discretely nods his head.

It is him.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I can't even begin to tell you how exhausting this has been. I haven't had access to a computer or my IPod for the longest time and it's been killing me that I already had the chapter written out but I couldn't update. I still actually don't have my IPod or computer (I'm at a friends house, go follow Tropicaljellyfish on Instagram, she's got like 4,000 followers.) So I have absolutely no idea when my next update will be...hope you all enjoyed this chapter to want the next one. Love you all!!

Instagram: Lil_Chocolate_Donut

Snapchat: momo36235

Vote

Comment

Follow

Fan