Chapter 40

Bucky walked closer to the small hospital bed and began to speak, "Willow, I know you can hear me."

 Willow turned her hazel eyes to Bucky, staring hard at him, she didn't speak. So Bucky walked closer and sat down on the edge of the bed, "How are you feeling?"

 "I tried to kill you. To kill Steve, I almost killed Lulu," Willow said flatly.

"That wasn't you, you didn't have a choice."

"Not having a choice wouldn't mean that you didn't die. Not wanting to kill you wouldn't have brought you back from the dead!"

 "Willow it wasn't your fault. You saved us in the end, you broke Thanos's control."

 Willow surprised Bucky by putting both of her hands on his chest and trying to shove him away from her, "No. I don't want you to forgive me." 

 Bucky grabbed her wrists and pulled her against his chest, "It wasn't you Willow. It wasn't you." Willow's angry words turned to tears and she began sobbing, her head against his chest. "Just like you told me, what HYDRA made me do wasn't my fault. Just like this wasn't yours." Bucky wrapped both of his arms around Willow holding her close to him, letting her sob uncontrollably. In the three years he had known her, Bucky had never seen Willow cry. Willow wasn't the kind of girl who cried over things that didn't matter, but she was sobbing now. And Bucky knew exactly why, he knew exactly what thoughts were racing through her head. So he did exactly what Willow had done for him when he'd gone through this; he held her against him, and let her know that he would always be there for her. The same things she'd done for him.