Chapter 39

Bucky and Lulu were sitting outside of the SHIELD containment cell, which had been turned into a makeshift hospital room. This way, Willow was in a containment unit and so if she lost control she wouldn't be able to escape. The nurses inside had hooked Willow up to an IV and patched up the cut on her side. They'd said that other than being severely dehydrated and malnourished, Willow was physically okay. What they didn't say, was that Thanos could have left some severe mental damage. Bucky didn't want Willow to have to go through anything close to the pain he'd endured. Steve was currently trying to get permission from Fury to let Lulu and Bucky in to see Willow. 

  "So?" Lulu said, catching sight of Steve. "You better say yes or else I might throw you threw the door."

  Steve smiled, "Your allowed inside, Willow's stable."

    Tallulah pumped her fist into the air triumphantly and then bolted past Bucky and into the cell. Bucky and Steve followed at a more sensible pace. "How is she? Has she said anything to any of the nurses?" Bucky asked quietly.

 Steve shook his head, "Not a word. Which is really strange from Willow. Hopefully either you or Lulu will be able to get her to talk."

 Bucky nodded, and slowly opened the door to the cell. Willow was sitting up, but her eyes were unfocused and she looked like she was half asleep. Her skin was incredibly pale and she looked like she hadn't eaten in days. Lulu was already chatting excitedly to her, but Willow looked like she couldn't hear anything. Bucky cleared his throat loudly," Umm, could you guys give us a minute?"

 "What?!" Lulu snapped standing up and turning to glare at Bucky.

"I said, could you give us a minute," Bucky repeated quietly. 

"I heard you the first time," Lulu said. "But sure, I'll go. Don't mind me, Willow's best friend since childhood, I'll be sitting out side like a stray dog." Tallulah turned on her heel and marched out of the room, with Steve following at a much slower pace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------