Chapter 15

Steve sat down next to Bucky, "She's gonna be fine Bucky. Willow's tough, she's been through worse."

 Bucky nodded. And Steve went on, "I'm with you til the end of the line Bucky, and Willow will be too. She's not going to let you off this easily."

 Bucky took a shaky breath, "Your right. She'll be fine." Bucky ran his hands through his hair, trying to straighten it. 

 Bruce stuck his head out of the lab, "She's alive. Her hearts beating, but it's weak."

 Steve stood up, offering Bucky a hand and pulling him to his feet. Bucky straightened his jacket, and stood up straighter. Steve clapped him on the back, "You hear that Buck? She's fine."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Willow was laying unconscious on the hospital bed, an IV running from her arm. The green line on the heart monitor jumping slowly. An oxygen tube had been attached to Willow, and the hissing sound of the machine filled the room. 

  Willow opened her eyes as Bucky sat down on the side of the bed, "Not gonna let you off that easy," She whispered, her voice raw. 

 "Don't you dare let me off easy Dariela," Bucky said, pulling up a chair and sitting down next to her. 

 "Roger that Barnes, "She said, and then winked at Steve, "Roger that, get it?"

 Steve rolled his eyes, "I get it."

"How do you feel?" Bucky asked, filled with concern.

 Willow tried to sit up, but failed, she sighed, "Victorious. I sent that thing packing."

  "We're going to go over the data we got from Willow's brain, we'll be in the lab if you need anything," Bruce said, walking out. The small makeshift hospital was essentially in the labs broom closet. 

 "Hey, Buck. I'm fine, so don't look so miserable. That's my job," Willow said, laughing.

 Bucky smiled, and leaning forward, he kissed Willow's forehead. "I'm just glad your back."

"Me too Summer Soldier, me too."