Chapter 36

Lulu could hear screaming, and was racing towards the general direction of the noise. She couldn't believe that she'd lost Willow twice now, and she vowed that she'd find her friend before Thanos had a chance to hurt Willow any more. Tallulah had known Willow Dariela since they were kids, and she'd always looked up to her friend, and not just because Willow was extremely tall. Lulu remembered how Willow had always done her best to stand up for someone who was being bullied, normally Lulu got dragged into it as well. It was Willow who had convinced Lulu to join SHIELD, and there wasn't a day that went by when Lulu was thankful that she had. When Willow had been paralyzed, Tallulah had become a spy within HYDRA, she wanted to punish them for what they'd done. Lulu remembered the times when she'd be half asleep, and she'd hear a tentative tap on her bedroom window. Willow would sneak out of the house and climb into Lulu's room through her window, this happened especially when Willow's father was drunk and in an abusive mood. 

   Rounding the corner, Lulu focused on the mission and tried to ignore the mounting terror that she'd never see her best friend again. When she arrived in the clearing, she could see Bucky and Steve, who were laying in the clean white snow. Bucky was struggling to his feet, but Steve remained curled up in the fetal position. Willow or Thanos, whatever it was, was leaning against a tree, hands clutching her head. Tallulah could see Bucky reaching towards Steve out of the corner of her eye, and knew Steve would be fine. Bucky and Steve were like Tallulah and Willow, best friends until the end. And just like Bucky was helping his best friend, she had to help hers. 

 "Willow!" Tallulah took advantage of the creatures distraction and grabbed her friends narrow shoulders. "Willow Dariela you listen to me!"

  When Willow looked up, her eyes were flashing between ice blue and hazel green, and her facial expression was one of someone undergoing a deep internal battle. Willow tried to shove Lulu off of her, "No. You need to get away."

 But Lulu kept a firm grip on Willow's shoulders, and began shaking her friend, "Wake up! Come back to us! Fight this! This is nothing compared to the crap you've already been through!"

  Then Willow's eyes faded into the ice blue, and she raised, a hand throwing Tallulah backwards. Lulu slammed into a tree, the limbs ripping her mission suit. Then suddenly she couldn't breathe, it was like a vice was squeezing the air out of her lungs. Then Lulu realized, Thanos was choking her to death. In the heat of the moment, Lulu almost laughed, Thanos was sith-choking her! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Willow could see Lulu, who was clutching desperately at her throat. No. NO

 She was not going to hurt Lulu. Not her best friend, not her Tallulah May. And there was no way Thanos was going to either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Tallulah felt the pressure on her neck suddenly lift, and saw Willow tagger backwards. An animal like scream escaped her friends lips, and then a blast of energy knocked down all the pine trees around her in a circle. Willow's eyes were hazel, Thanos gone. But those hazel eyes were widened with horror at what she had done. 

 Standing up, Tallulah rushed towards Willow, hoping to catch her friend before she fell. But she didn't make it, Willow collapsed, the power of Thanos no longer keeping her stand. And Lulu watched in horror as Willow fell backwards, rolling down the snow covered hill. 

 Without hesitation, Lulu sprinted to the edge and dived after her friend.