Chapter 29

Steve and Bucky were sitting across the table from each other at the compound, Bucky was staring angrily down at the newspaper. More rumors that Captain America was a HYDRA agent.

 "These complete a-" Bucky was cut off as Warren burst into the room. 

"Guys! You need to call in the Avengers!" He shouted, his green eyes blazing with intensity.

  Bucky raised his eyebrows, since Willow's funeral he hadn't been able to get excited about anything. "Sit down Warren," Steve ordered, "And tell us what this is about."

 Warren pulled out a chair and plopped down across from them, smiling widely he announced, "My sister is alive!"

 The coffee cup Bucky was holding shattered as the grip of his metal hand tightened around it. 

"How can you be sure Warren?" Steve said calmly, not wanting Bucky to get his hopes up.

"Willow and I have a telepathic connection, I couldn't feel her mind since the building collapse. But this morning I got a flash of Willow's presence in my mind, she was reaching out to me." Warren paused, and then exclaimed, "But something blocked her, and then the presence vanished."

 "There's a chance it wasn't anything Warren," Natasha said, entering the room as Warren finished.

 Warren stood up, glaring angrily at the team, "Don't you understand? If there's even a chance Willow is out there, I have to find her. Don't any of you have someone you'd go the ends of the earth to help?"

  Steve glanced at Bucky, who looked like he was undergoing a deep internal turmoil. His eyes were unfocused, and his fists were clenched.

Wanda stood up, "I'll come with you. If it was my Pietro, no one could stop me. If she is out there, we'll find her."

 Opening his eyes, Bucky stared hard at Warren, "I'm going too, if Willow's out there I'll find her. But if she's not, if you've made this up. I swear I will snap your neck."

  In the end, Bucky, Steve, Wanda, and Warren left to go and do their best to follow the mental signal Warren had picked up. Steve prayed silently that they would find Willow, he didn't think he could stand watching Bucky lose her all over again.