Chapter 3

"Bucky, I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier. I'm just tired of being treated like glass," Willow said, as they sat together on a park bench, looking out over the ocean. Willow had chained her wheelchair to the leg of the bench with a bike lock. Coulson had given the team the rest of the day off until they could contact Thor.  

  Bucky ran his hand through his hair, which Willow had forced him to cut last year. He was glad she had, he looked much more like Bucky with short hair. "It's okay Willow. You were right, it's not up to me, and you got the information we needed."

  Willow let her head rest on his arm, and Bucky could sense she was about to say something. "I still can't get over the fact that you ripped the steering wheel out of Sam's car, that's why he won't give you a ride."

 "Willow, that was three years ago."

"Jesus take the wheel!-Bucky no!" She laughed, "I'm just messing with you Buck."

 Then Willow's tone suddenly turned serious, "Bucky, when I was in Loki's mind, I felt a second presence. Something much more powerful than me, it was hovering inside Loki's mind. Loki had somehow managed to cage it up, but I think it's only a matter of time before it breaks out."

  Bucky was confused, "You mean you think he was brainwashed?"

"No, not at all. I mean something else was controlling him, if only for a short time, and it left a trace of it's presence. Bucky, you know I don't scare easily, but whatever was in his mind..." Willow shuddered.

   Putting a protective arm around Willow's shoulders, Bucky pulled her closer to him. "I won't let anything happen to you. Not that you need protecting, you could probably talk that presence to death if you got the chance."

 Willos punched his arm, "Hey!"

"Next we need to come up with an Avenger name for you," Bucky said, "You've proved yourself an official member of the team."

"Yeah, I'll come up with it, when you come up with yours. Everyone just calls you Bucky."

"What do you suggest?"

"I don't know, the Summer Soldier?"

Buck grinned, "Saving the world one pool party at a time."

  Leaning back against the park bench, Bucky looked out over the water. The sun was starting to set, lighting up the water in shades of orange and pink.