Chapter 10 (part 2)

Mira

This did indeed feel like home, I thought inwardly.
'Vikram?'
'hmm?'
I pulled myself from the hug a bit reluctantly but I knew I wanted to do this. 'I need your phone Vikram!' I held my hand out in front of him. He looked at me rather confused at first but then he seemed to catch up. He laughed suddenly, his loud magnetic one.
'There's always one thing that goes wrong in your plan honey!'
I looked at him rather annoyed now, 'What?'
He cupped my face in his hands lightly, 'Your face, rather your eyes tend to give away your mischief. What is that devil mind of yours up to now?'
I laughed at his explanation. 'You will never know. Try as hard as you can! Now give me that damn piece!'
And thankfully without any further arguments he did give it to me. 'Thankyou!' Damn that phone, and damn that man. It just wouldn't unlock somehow. After many failed attempts I decided to give up, 'Your phone seems to be just like its owner. Mind of its own. Why won't it unlock?'
'See? That's why I wanted to know why you wanted it in the first place. It needs my thumbprint to open up.'
I managed to sneer at him at that, who needs to be that private in life?! 'Secrecy. Just like the owner!' I sighed dramatically and handed it back to him.
'Wait! What secrecy? I'm an open book!'
'To the mirror maybe!'
'Really now!?'
'Ok, you want to challenge that now?! Let's see what do I know about you, uum, for one that you love me, which I came to know about ten minutes ago! Open book, huh!' I huffed playfully and looked away.
I didn't hear him laugh again though, thinking that maybe he'd misunderstood my playful anger I tried to steal a glance at him from the corner of my eye but I couldn't manage to see him anywhere. I gave up the game and turned around to find him seated on a rock nearby looking at me intently. I drew a long breath and went and sat next to him, linking my hand in his. 'I was just pulling your leg.'

I didn't hear anything but I was looking at him quiet intently to see his lips curve up slowly. Good, at least he smiled I thought inwardly.
'I only realized I couldn't live without you is when I left. I thought about you every minute.'
I looked at him, my face lit up but I knew this was going somewhere else, and so all I could manage to do was hold his hand tightly reassuring him of my presence. He seemed to understand it seemed because he smiled at the gesture.
'I stalked you a lot on Facebook, though there wasn't much that you ever put up there!'
I raised my eyebrows surprised. 'You and technology?!'
He finally gave me a hearty laugh at that, 'I know, but I couldn't stay without knowing how you were.'
I was confused though, 'You are on Facebook?! I had searched on it so many times, I never found you and then I realised you were never into social media anyway and then Facebook never did feel the same anymore.'
He gave me a mischievous smile, 'What did you search for?'
I looked at him stupidly, 'Duh!, Vikram Shekhawat!'
'You should have tried Maj. Vikram.' I just looked at him blankly as he continued his elaboration, 'I wasn't ever going to tie that name back to mine again was I?' That explanation was just sad, Anay uncle might have been wrong, we are not one to judge but that didn't mean Vikram should put that part totally away from who he was.
I stole a glance at him mischievously, 'Really? I still don't believe you that you're on Facebook show me!'
Exasperated he sighed, 'Give me your phone!'
'Smart move Vikram, but I'm not dumb, show me on yours.'
He shook his head but opened his phone to his Facebook page none the less. There it was, totally up to date page, Maj. Vikram. Unknowingly my mouth opened up in surprise as I looked at it in awe.
'Happy?'
I looked at him with mischief in my eyes before concentrating on the task I'd set for myself ahead. I moved my position a bit such that the phone wouldn't be visible to him before I turned to edit his Facebook page. Before he could grasp what was happening I saved my changes and handed the phone back to him.
'What did you do?'
'Nothing at all. Just turned it the way it should be.'
He narrowed his eyes as he studied my face intently. He looked back at his phone and saw what I had done. I had edited his name back to Maj. Vikram Shekhawat. He didn't say anything about it though. I could read his face, he seemed angry, but he didn't say a word.
'Vikram?'
He let go of my hand and walked away from me in silence, but after a few steps he just stood there with his back facing me.

I knew it in my heart what I had done wasn't wrong. And I wanted him to see it. I walked towards him and entwined my fingers with his once again before turning to face him.
'You're angry.'
'Mira, please let's not talk right now, this is not the perfect time to talk, I may say stuff that probably would hurt you and I don't want to do that.'
'You do not want anything to do with him but that doesn't take away the fact that you are his child.'
The way he looked at me after I had said these words, I could feel the heat of his anger through his eyes, and sure enough I had to admit that I was scared of him at that moment. He let out a sigh probably trying to control his anger, or rather I hoped so before I heard his voice, 'That's the worst part of it all, I still am his child.'
'Can I ask you something Vikram?'
He just looked at me, allowing me to go on.
'Let's talk about us for a while, you left fifteen years ago, and yes, you did come back but what if, you would've found me married to someone else? What would you have done then?'
He looked at me curiously as if wondering what I was up to, 'I would've left without even bothering to meet you.'
I smiled at him, 'Without even knowing whether I was happy or not?'
But unfortunately, this seemed to anger him even more, 'Are you implying that, that man wasn't happy with Ma?'
I closed my eyes before answering, praying to the Almighty silently before facing the devil, 'I'm not saying that. Maybe I would've been happy with the guy I would've been married to, but I'd always yearn to be with you. If I would've heard that you were back in town, I would've run out of anywhere or any relationship to be with you. Because that's what I would've wanted.' I finished this with a smile on my face, hoping he'd understand what I was trying to say.
He seemed to be thinking about something, his brows were flushed together with creases on his forehead, 'So you love me but you want to get married to someone else?'
'huh?' Shocked at what he had made through all this I slapped my forehead hard, 'Why am I slapping my forehead?' and with that I hit his. 'You are very thick headed. Forget everything, you do not understand love at all. God help me with that!'
I looked above praying to god dramatically, when Vikram started laughing, 'come here you, my drama girl.' He opened up his arms for me and I readily took my place, feeling the rhythmic beat that made me feel safe.
'Just do one thing for me will you? Be the person I know you to be.' I could hear him take a deep breath as his chest swelled before he finally said, 'Ok, Mira Kapoor, here goes, I Major Vikram Shekhawat, who has absolutely no knowledge about love and who is thick headed to even understand it, has managed to fall completely and hopelessly in love with you!'
I laughed out loud joining Vikram in that laughter, 'You know I love you regardless of that.' This seemed like a beautiful place now which finally felt like home again.

Note: Okay so with this latest updated chapter I'm finally ready to let go of Vikram and Mira. Sadly.
So this one was specially for my friend superstar806 you make me want to live this world and write more! Love you always! I hope you like it!
Lastly for all those who have loved these two and walked towards making their story memorable! You guys make all this worth it! Love you all! Cheers!