Epilogue

Mira

It has been two years to the most important day of my life, the day I became Mrs. Mira Vikram Shekhawat. Life with him hasn't been as easy as I had thought, but the days have been more memorable than I'd ever imagined them to be. Of course the rapid increase in the rate of my heart beats whenever I hear someone nearby talk about the war, the sleepless nights when he's not there next to me and the need of wanting to talk to him every second is still there every time. And probably that makes every visit of his more special. But one thing I'd never agree to what Ma had once told me, that you tend to get stronger emotionally with experience, with me it's always the same. The fear, the love, the brave-faced mask just never changes.

Today is our second marriage anniversary and Vikram is busy doing his duty for our country. I usually am not one to complain, I know that our country would always come first for him but today I guess I should be allowed to be a bit selfish, to want to have him here with me.
'Why the frown?'
I looked questioningly at the not so concerned face next to me, concern was probably the last thing on her mind, she was busy mocking me.
'I'm not frowning Sanaya, contemplating would probably be suitable there.'
'Your nut-sized brain is capable of doing that?'
I decided to ignore that. Some things would never change. I decided to let her be and turn my mind back to the task in front of me, white or blue? Vikram definitely looks sexy in white, I smiled inwardly at that thought.
'You should probably try a different colour this time. You always end up buying white for him.'
I scowled back at Sanaya, mentally thinking about why I ended up asking her to accompany me at the mall to shop for my husband. This wouldn't have happened if he was here but...
'Would you please pack this white shirt for me?'
'Sure ma'am!'
I saw from the corner of my eye that Sanaya ended up slapping her forehead accepting defeat.

I bid Sanaya goodbye as we rounded the corner and I entered our house. Sounds a bit different but sweet to hear right?
'Mira, there was a delivery for you, I've kept it right down on the dining table.'
I frowned as I heard Ma tell me about a parcel, who would send me gifts? Of course my face immediately lit up when I thought about Vikram sending me a gift, but I guess he'd be busy at the border and sending something for me must be the last thing on his mind at the moment. I shook my head as I pushed out that thought laughing at my own stupidity. I noticed a small letter on top of the gift, and my brows closed the distance between them again in a second. That writing, that neatness, it was all Vikram.

Dearest Wifey (I assume Tiny tot wouldn't suit today! Though you'll always be that for me!)

I know, I know you must be thinking where did this come from, but don't let your peanut worry about it much (Smile and let the frown go for a minute!). Even though you'd think I cannot plan surprises for you, I can and this is just the beginning my darling, so do not go snooping around trying to be Sherlock Holmes because you aren't going to find anything. I am that good you know! Plus its time I showed you that a tough army man can be quite romantic and emotional if he wants to. Before I forget happy anniversary to us! Life has been literally a bed of roses since you popped up. I love you for who you are and for what you've become. You're the one person I cannot live without, one who doesn't' need words to understand me, who knows me like the back of your hand, who accepts me with all my flaws (I know I have a lot of them!) and most importantly loves me unconditionally for who I am. Don't miss me much today, I'm right there with you!

Your's forever,
Vikram.

I was stumped after reading the letter. Vikram pouring his soul through words was something I was used to but this was beyond something that I had ever expected. I turned my blurry eyed vision to the gift below. My husband was definitely full of surprises today. I opened the gift to find a beautiful photo frame in it, but there wasn't a photo inside, instead my eyes zoomed onto another script there.