Chapter 12

Amanda's POV

I walk into the old were house and make my way threw the crowd of obnoxious drunk men, and the occasional whore that came to make some money, and into the back room, behind the bar, where Adam works. Once I finally reach the room, I dig my key out of my pocket and unlock the door. Adam technically owns this place but has a fake ID he uses on his paper work and everything. Only those closest to Adam have access to this room so obviously we're pretty close. I know everything about him but he knows nothing about me since Im mute, but Ive never betrayed him so he trusts me, and I may have saved his life a time or two. Anyway I go in and throw my bag, that I don't recall grabbing, down by the door before turning around to shut and lock the door. After that I crouch down next to my bag, on the floor and pull out my fighting clothes, then stand up and head towards the bathroom. I already know by now that Adam is currently in the bathroom, taking a shower, because, well he obviously plans on bringing one of those whores in here later, if you know what I mean. So I stand next to the door, pull out a pack of small smoke bombs I bought the other day, and a lighter. I light one of the smoke bombs and roll it under the door. I hear Adam start yelling about something so I run in the living room area and jump over the back of the couch, into a sitting position on the center cushion and grab the TV remote off the coffee table. I know I called this a room, but it's more like a freakin house in here. Right after I turn the TV on and sit back I hear Adam open the bathroom door, I turn around to look at him, only to see hott pink smoke rolling out of the bathroom and his silhouette leaning against the door frame coughing. "Now gosh dang it woman, I know," he stops abruptly and starts coughing again, "I know it's you," Adam says between his coughing fits. I just chuckle silently to my wolf and shake my head as I stand up, walking over to him, thankfully he had enough common since to wrap a towel around his waist, and once I make my way to him he wraps an arm around my shoulder and walks me to the fridge where he grabs 2 beers, handing me one. I take it but instead of drinking it, I set it on the counter beside me and shake my head. "Whats up?" Adam asks looking at me strangely because I never turn down a beer. I just shrug, remembering I still have my clothes in my hand, I head into the bathroom to change. Luckily the smoke from earlier has cleared up and I can breath now. I quickly change out of my club clothes and into my fighting clothes. I hear Adam say something to me but I was exactly listening so didn't quit catch what it was, then he opens the door, and for those few seconds as the door opens and closes again I can hear the music, and cheers from outside become louder before fading out of earshot again, when he shuts it. I never really wanted to be here, doing this, fighting a bunch of people who find this stuff enjoyable. I wanted to join the Marines but my old Alpha would have never aloud that, and this is the next closest thing I could do, so here I am. Plus Im pretty sure you have to talk to be a Marine, so thats definitely out of the question.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤30 minutes Later¤¤¤¤¤¤

I just finished my fourth fight, I could've done more but I like to make them think they have a chance before I knock them out. So I let them get in a few hits act like Im wearing down, then attack while they least expect it. Oh and by the way, Leo came in just as my first fight began, and I think he nearly lost it when I knocked that first guy out with one hit in the fist five minutes but he was really cocky, and made me mad. Anyways, I get off the stage thingy, because Im getting bored with this and join Leo at the bar, by Adam. "I know I said that I was sorry, but I don't know if I can handle this," Leo says, without looking at me. "You don't talk, I know nothing about you, you drive like a madman, which by the way is not acceptable if we were to ever have children because you'd be putting them at risk, and now come to find out, you're also a street fighter?! I mean, what else is there, you could be a freakin serial killer for all I know. So I Leo Romano, reject you Amanda Lee Anderson as my mate...again."

Alright then, if thats how he's going to be then, I guess now's as good of a time as any. Instead of getting up set like Im sure he was expecting, I shrug, down a shot of whiskey and go on my merry little way. After I walk out of the were house, I decide to walk to Leo's pack house to get my things.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤After I packed my bag and am Leaving¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I gathered my bag containing what few belongings I have, I walk out the door, without looking back, and make my way to the nearest airport, although if I continue on this way it's going to take awhile, maybe a day and a half.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤2 days later¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Okay so, I made it to the airport around noon yesterday, and I boarded my flight this morning. Im currently on my way to Michigan where I am meeting with a recruiter and I might talk for the first time again...Maybe, I am determined to finally join the Marines, then I can truly be proud of who I am, and I won't have to hide behind the bad girl facade I put up all the time.