Welcome Home-6

Alpha Leo's P.O.V

As I'm dragging Amanda out to my car, the same thought keeps running through my mind. "Why doesn't she seem to care? She obviously isn't excited about meeting her mate...and as much as I hate to admit it, it only makes me want to get to know her more." Oh my gosh, I've barely known the girl for an hour and she's already got me wanting her. This is bad, REALLY bad! I can't want her! She'll only hold me back and get in the way! I'll have to reject her. "I Leo Romano, reject you Amanda Lee Anderson as my mate." I look over from the corner of my eye, expecting to see a pained look on her face and tears streaming down her cheeks, but I'm once again surprised to see she hasn't been affected by it. The thing her wolf replies back with amazes me more than anything though. "We, Abri and Amanda Lee Anderson, accept your, Leo Romano's rejection." I feel my heart break and it's like it's being ripped from my chest and ran over by a hundred trucks. I look over at her in complete hurt and shock, and without realizing it is ran off the road and hit a tree, then spun sideways into a lake. The only thing running through my mind as I black out is, "what have I done?" And suddenly everything is black.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤One Week Later¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
I just woke up but for some reason I can't open my eyes. "Ugh! What happened," I ask my wolf. "You re-rejected mate a-an-and sh-she a-ac-accepted," he replies in obvious pain. As soon as those words left his mouth everything came back to me like a ton of bricks. I groan loudly and finally open my eyes. The doctor walks in just then. "Ah, I see you have finally woke up. Welcome home Alpha. It's good to have you back." "Uh, yeah...how long have I been out?" "A week." "A WEEK?! AS IN SEVEN DAYS?! AS IN 168 HOURS?!" "Uh, y-ye-yes a-alpha," the doctor mutters with a bowed head. "UGGGGH!" I groan in frustration and punch the wall. I see the doctor flinch from the corner of my eye but I ignore it and point at the door. The doctor stares at me in confusion before realizing I want him to leave and he quickly runs out, shutting the door behind him. "Deer lord... AMANDA! I FORGOT ABOUT AMANDA!" I yell to my wolf. I rush out of my hospital room in search of my mate, only to run into someone about half way down the hallway. They start to fall back but I quickly grabbed them by the arm and hold them up. I'm about to tell this person to watch out when, but I stop myself once I realized who it was. "Oh my gosh. Amanda," I sigh in relief before bringing her in for a hug. I feel her stiffen in my grasp and awkwardly pat my back. I "I thought something happened to you." "Why would you care if it did?" Her wolf asked angrily through a mind link. I suddenly realize my mistake and push her away. "I don't! That was my wolf taking over," I say rudely and push past her towards the kitchen since the pack hospital is in the pack house.