FINAL CUT

SHAWN'S POV:
2:30 pm Day 18- Thursday

My stomach turned as the blade slowly cut into my wrist, drawing dark, hopeless blood. I've lost it all. Why should I even try. I couldn't stop the tears slowly falling leaving droplets in the tub.

'Drip...Drip...Drip' the bottom of the tub was covered in blood as the cuts grew deeper.

No more pain.

No more hope.

Don't even try to be here anymore.

What's the point? No one wants you here, not your family, you friends, even Madison wants you dead.

Those words hurt, more than the cuts, more than my throbbing head. I want this to stop.

"Just stop....." I whispered, too drained to speak. I took the blade to my skin, dragging it up my arm, blush quickly rushing to the surface then dripped into the tub. My body felt weak as my head fell back on the tub rim, slowly closing my eyes.

Just let go.

Just...Let...Go....

MADISON'S POV:
2:35 pm Day 18- Thursday

My knuckles turned white as I squeezed the steering wheel. I was way over the speed limit, but I have to get to Shawn.

As I pulled up to the barn the front was wide open....Shawn. I slammed on the brakes and jumped out of the vehicle running as hard as I could to find him.

"Shawn!" I screamed seeing his limp body slowly draining its color.

"No, n-no" tears started flooding down feeling pain that I've never felt before, as if it was burning my heart to nothing but dust.

"I'm so s-sorry Shawn stay with me!" My voice now weak try to hold him up out of the tub.

"Shh baby..." Shawn's sweet face sneaked a weak smile.

"I love you Shawn." I said caressing his pale face.

"Oh Shawn," I sniffled "what did you do?"

"Don't worry." His voice getting slower. "It's only a cut."

His cold hands slowly let go of mine leaving his lost, forgotten body lying in the bloody tub....

It was only a cut.
***
The end.

~Handwritten1998