FIRST CUT

TWO DAYS LATER:
SHAWN'S POV:
Day 1-Monday

I found myself in a back alley, late at night. I was wearing my favourite plaid shirt and khaki shorts. I wasn't really sure how to dress for these so called 'street fights.'

I stared down at my hands, they were shaking badly. I was so nervous. What if I lost?

Let's not think about that.

A broad-shouldered, rough looking man came over to me and passed me a mouthguard and a water bottle. No boxing gloves?

"Halter! Get over here!" The man called out to the now-crowded-alley.

A short, shrimpy guy came running out of the crowd. Instantly out of breath.

I eyed him and grinned with pleasure. This guy is going to be easy as 1-2-3.

I was pushed into the empty part of the alley, as the short guy fell and twisted his ankle.

You've got to be kidding me.

***

MADISON'S POV:
NEXT DAY:

"Hey honey?" My mom called from my doorway.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to have a girl day today?"

"Mom you don't have to call it 'girl day', we all know dad left when I was little," I reminded and she smiled slightly.

"Yeah..." She trailed off and told me to get ready because we were going to the mall.

It was starting to get cold here in Toronto and it started snowing a few days ago. Snow days are gonna start so we don't have to go to school!
(I barely even mention them going to school sorry about that)

I slipped on black leggings and one of Shawn's old sweatshirts he gave me. It smelled just like him and let me say that he smelled pretty good.

I wander what he is up to. We haven't talked in forever. That scares me a little bit.

"Madison are you ready yet?" My mom called from downstairs.

"Coming!"

I quickly sprayed on some perfume, grabbed my wallet and met her downstairs.

"Hey, would you like to invite Shawn?"

"Um, no..."

Mom gave me a suspicious look but brushed it off.

"Well let's hit the stores!" She exclaimed.

***

SHAWN'S POV:

My jaw stung as I touched it lightly with my fingertips. I looked at them and they were covered with blood. I accidentally re-opened if when I was shaving.

I won the fight thankfully and now I am recovering at my house, Aria was getting me a cloth to wipe off the blood that remained on my jaw.

"He has a hard punch," I yelled to her from the living room where I was currently relaxing in.

"Mmhmm," she hummed and returned with a hot,damp cloth.

"Wouldn't cold water be better?" I asked scooting away from the steaming cloth in her hands.

She playfully rolled her eyes and I scooted back, Aria placed the cloth directly on my cut and I yelped in pain. I grabbed my thigh and squeezed it really hard, except, I didn't feel a thing.

I looked down and was shocked to see that my hand wasn't on my thigh, but on Aria's. My eyes grew big and she copied my actions.

"Oh my god," she whispered and jumped off the couch

"I-uhhh," was all I could come I come up with.

She placed the cloth down and trailed off into the kitchen, without another word. I got up and it seemed like a good time to leave the house so I walked out. I took a walk around the block and decided to take a walk to the park.

***

MADISON'S POV:

"That cashier at Forever 21 was HAWT," my mom fangirled and fanned herself with her hands.

I rolled my eyes playfully and chuckled.

"Mom he was like half your age!"

"Age is just a number," she winked and we got in the car to drive home. On our way home my mom started screaming and honking at someone.

"OH MY GOD ITS SHAWN!!" She yelled and honked at him, he looked startled.

When he noticed who it was, he simply gave her a peace sign and continued on his walk.

I relaxed into my seat but was soon kicked out of the vehicle.

"Go spend some time with kiddies your age," mom smiled and motioned over to where Shawn was walking.

"But mo--"

"Bye!" And with that she sped off, going home to try on all her new clothes.

I groaned and jogged over to Shawn.

"Hey," I croaked.

"Hi,"

I noticed a fairly big cut across his jaw line and it looked fresh. I stopped mid in my tracks and he did the same.

"What's wrong?"

I didn't reply but I inched closer and touched his jaw lightly. He had a cut on his lip too. My hands wandered over to his cheek and I touched his lip with my thumb.

He looked in pain as he looked at me, trying to find an expression. I was confused and mad that I didn't do anything. I slowly traced my thumb over his bottom lip and he pulled me close.

"Oh Shawn, what have you gotten yourself into?"
***
So yay first chapter!!! Tell me what you think! Vote, and comment please! Let's get this to 50 reads plz? Thanks guys you're the best,

~Handwritten1998