TWELFTH CUT

SHAWN'S POV:
Day 10-Wednesday

I heard the worry in Matt's voice, something was wrong. Really wrong.

I hurried out to my vehicle and got in-not caring about my seatbelt-then racing down the street to Matt's house. I pulled into is driveway and calmly walked inside as none of that just happened.

"Shawn is that you?" I heard Matthew croak.

"Yup it's me, what's going on?"

I turned the corner and met him in the kitchen, his face tear-stained and his hair messy.

"What the hell is this?!" He raged and slid a sticky note across the table over to me.

I picked it up and read it. It can't be, no, no, no, this can't be happening!

Wait...

Ex-best friend? They were friends? Damn she thinks I'm with Aria, well technically I'm not but I'm not saying I'm denying any feelings I have for her. Madison told me she loved me?

"Matthew we need to find her, I know Madison, I know where she is,"

Matthew's head jerked towards me and he sniffled a few times.

"Hurry your ass up and let's go!" I rushed and sped-walk outside meeting Matt in the vehicle.
***
"Where are we?" Matt complained and I rolled my eyes.

"Right here," I mumbled and stopped right in front of an abandoned shed.

"Umm Shawn are you like planning to kill me?" Matt joked but you could clearly hear worry in his voice.

"No, but thanks for the idea," I joked and cautiously turned of the ignition, making my way towards the wooden, barn door.

I heard shuffling inside so I signalled Matt so stay where he was and I placed my hand on the doorknob. I slowly turned it and then opened the door all at once.

"Madis--"

I stopped dead in my tracks and she turned her head towards me, a rope tightly tied around her neck, about to jump off the stool.

She panicked and tried to jump but I got the noose off before she could do it.

"Madison what the hell?!" I screamed and Matthew skittered in, staying a few feet behind me.

She wiped away her tears and didn't reply.

"I thought I might as well be gone," Madison mumbled under her breath and I turned mad, really mad.

"What the hell is wrong with you Madison?! Trying to kill yourself all because of you thinking I'm with Aria?! You selfish b--"

"Shawn enough!" Matt yelled and by now Madison was curled into a ball crying her eyes out.

I stumbled back in shock from what I'd just seen and said. I walked out of the shed and waited in the vehicle trying to re-collect my thoughts.

This world is a messed up place, and I'm in it only making it worse.
***
Well then, Madison tried to kill herself I guess? I couldn't let her die because that would ruin the ending for this book ;) Soo for an update this chapter has to get at least 15 votes because lately the votes have been going down. So make sure to vote on previous chapters too! Okieee well I'm gonna go now, but have a good day/night lovelies,

~Handwritten1998