28| "Bind me"

A/N: Picture of the welcome hall of the Van der Laine mansion in the media.

!WARNING: SMUT CONTENT UP AHEAD!

KEIRA

Seeking the truth had come to an end for the secrets of the past had finally dawned but the price at which it had come hurt us all.

I wondered why I felt so intent on finding my uncle. I knew what he had done and why he had acted the way he did. Perhaps part of me didn't want to believe that a person who I shared my blood with could act like this. Perhaps part of me hoped for another ending.

'What's going to happen if the Council catches him first?' I whispered.

Julian had nicked a van from the Elixir Lounge, helped by Jax who was surprisingly fine with going against his aunt's orders.

The shapeshifter was driving now, having shifted his eyes to a feral animalistic yellow that enabled him to see in the dark. For stealth reasons, the lights of the van had been switched off and Jett had covered the vehicle in a mist that made it invisible to others. In the dark - we were practically invisible.

Jett sat beside me, one arm around my shoulders. He turned when I spoke, 'They'll take him to Leowyn'.

'Leowyn?' I echoed.

'A high security magic cell in the mythical realm,' he explained, threading his fingers with mine, 'With what he's done, the Council will rule for a punishment that will last a lifetime'.

My eyes shifted past my boyfriend's shoulder - at the nothing of the darkness beyond, 'I don't have a plan'.

Jett's kisses always had me weak yet it was a strange feeling; one that made my knees knock but brought courage in my heart. And as his lips pressed to my hair, his fingers squeezed mine, 'I'll do the worrying'.

I smiled, feeling how exhaustion pulled my mouth corners down inevitably. I leaned up slightly, palm pressed to his as I moulded my lips to the seam of his mouth.

I felt him smile against my lips as his free hand wrapped around the back of my neck - pushing me closer to him. The kiss was sweet, packed with an undercurrent of lust and the way Jett rubbed his tongue against mine had me make a sound that made me shrink back with a blush.

Even in the dark I could make out his grin and he let me hide my embarrassment as I buried my face into his chest.

From the other end of the backseat, Blaze grunted and Pixie giggled.

'Mind your own business,' Jett growled, a hand in my hair.

'Trying to,' Blaze grunted back.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The trip back to Metaine took most of the night and when we arrived at the crack of dawn - I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

The sight of the city brought back memories of when I first arrived. The wonder, the dread and the suppressed excitement. Why Rosie had suddenly left me that day at the mansion without saying goodbye was suddenly explained.

Had she been taken by Edmund then? Was it my fault because I had insisted she come with me?

I gulped hard, catching Julian's worried glance in the rear view mirror. I offered a trembling smile that made him frown before he turned back to the road, 'We'll be there soon'.

'Be careful, if he's still at the mansion there will be guards,' Jett put in, sitting up, 'We have to find Rosie'.

As the familiar gated residential came up, the first thing I noticed was the lack of guards. The guard cubicle at the gate was empty and the gate itself was half open.