11| ''Your usual''

A/N: Picture of Uncle Edmund in the media.

KEIRA

Uncle Edmund and I were having a quiet dinner by ourselves, waiting for the boys to come down when a loud shout sounded, followed by the sound of something breaking.

Unlike me, who had stopped eating to look up at the shaking chandelier above our heads, Edmund smiled, 'I suppose they're having another one of those brawls'.

'Another?' I echoed, putting down my knife and fork, 'Do they do this often?'

As if on cue, another thump sounded, this one harder than the previous one.

Uncle Edmund sighed, pushing his seat back, 'I suppose I should go see what happened'.

I watched my uncle reach the double doors of the dining room with long strides and closed them after he flashed me an apologetic smile.

Unable to finish the salmon filet sitting on my plate, I tried to decipher the shouts and sounds that were coming from the floor above me. Soon enough, they had moved rooms, and the sounds of anger had lowered considerably.

As I sat there, sipping my orange juice, I wondered what had transpired to make Nathaniel and Jett be so ready to tear each other's heads off.

When the shouts became louder, however, I stood up from my own chair and walked towards the double doors. Pulling them open just slightly, I peered through the gap.

Jett had descended the stairs with his back towards the door, he looked furious as he peered up. Descending the stairs was a scary looking Nathaniel, uncle Edmund had grabbed him by his arm and seemed to be using nearly all his strength from stopping the elder brother to murder his younger sibling.

Jett spat on the marble floor of the grand hall, I widened my eyes when  I saw that he was bleeding.

A cut was on his right cheekbone, and his lips were bloodied, as well as his knuckles.

Turning to look at Nathaniel, I saw that he suffered the same wounds.

'Stop,' Edmund growled, shaking a trembling Nathaniel, 'regain your wits!'

Silently, I stepped through the double doors into the grand hall.

Apparently, I hadn't been silent enough because three pairs of eyes turned to me.

'Keira,' my uncle breathed before he frowned, 'get back into the dining room'.

I watched as he wrestled an angry looking Nathaniel up the stairs whilst Jett wiped his bloody lips with his forearm and disappeared out the front door.

'Jett?' I shouted, hurrying after him despite the protests of the two men on the staircase.

'Get back in the house!' the infuriating man shouted at me as he swung a long leg over his motorcycle.

'No! You're not in a state to go anywhere at the moment,' I protested, boldly planting myself in front of his motorcycle, 'You'll get yourself killed on the road'.

'Who do you think I am?' he snarled back, and I watched in fascination as the cut on his cheekbone slowly stitched itself back together. it was disgusting yet fascinating at the same time.

'What happened?' I whispered, trying to ignore the brisk morning air that now blew at my bare legs.

For dinner I'd quickly changed out of my school uniform and into a comfortable yet slim fitting grey cotton dress. The hastily pulled on gym shoes weren't a good resistance against the morning air either.