7| ''Uhm no way José''

A/N: Picture of Keira's dress in the media.

The goal was to get to the other side of the Pit in a quick run.

Although I hadn't been training for the past few days, I figured I would be able to sum up some of my stamina and get to the other side without fail.

The first thing I underestimated was the distance. As large as a Roman arena stadium, the other side looked miles away. The second thing I underestimated was the sand. Not only did it slow me down, my muscles quickly hurt from trying to get through the sand quickly.

All the while, Vincent jogged beside me as if my pace was laughable and as if the sand did nothing to him.

However, the last thing I underestimated would prove my doom to stay in the silver team for the rest of my high school career. I'd forgotten that these people weren't normal.

The other team that stood on the other side of the arena charged towards us. The point being to take down as many people as possible before getting to the other side.

Now, I saw them coming, I quickly realised I didn't stand a chance.

In horror, I watched a girl with long brown hair in a braid stop midway. She rolled her hands in the air before pushing them out and the arena sand under her feet raised up like by magic before it shot itself into another guys face. He shouted out but fell on his face where the sand quickly buried him.

I stopped, my mouth gaping at the first of the supernatural I had witnessed but Vincent wrapped his fingers around my wrist, pulling me forwards, 'Don't stop Keira, unless you want to be buried by Rowan'.

We hurried along, Vincent pulling me behind him like a sack of potatoes and I did my best to not fall on my face. After we had made it across by half, we stopped and I jerked my hand from his grasp to rub my sore wrist.

Vincent stood still, opposite of him stood Sorcha who was towing Pixie behind her.

'Clairmont,' Sorcha greeted, shooting me a small grin.

Vincent bowed, like the gentleman he was, 'Miss. Fyr, it's been a long time'.

'It has,' Sorcha grinned and I watched agape as her hands balled into fists and became engulfed with soft licking flames.

Vincent was an Elrioud, that I knew but I didn't know what powers he had. Either way, his smile quickly caught me off guard when he looked past his shoulder at me, 'I'm afraid you're going to have to try and make it across yourself now'.

I backed away before running past him - Sorcha didn't spare me a glance - and Pixie quickly waved before she ran to the opposite direction. It seemed that the both of us didn't seem to be too keen to bring each other down.

As I neared the wall of the other side of the arena, my legs felt wobbly from all the sudden sport. One last person leaned against the wall, an eyebrow raised.

Blaze - Sorcha's twin brother - fixed me with his orange-red gaze, 'You're Keira van der Laine'.

'That's not a question,' I blurted back before thinking.

His face turned amused before he crossed his arms, 'Ana's been throwing a fit at the thought of you'.

'She does seem like the hissy type,' I retorted, nearing him as I tried to get to the wall, 'Why are you still here? You're supposed to be at the other side by now'.

Blaze shrugged, clearly unconcerned with the division of teams, 'Only Sorcha would care about such things, she's been waiting to take down Clairmont for the past year. It's good really, I hope she gets beaten quickly and gets off my case,' he smirked, jerking his chin to something behind me.