13| ''Lady Eluen''

A/N: Picture of Lady Eluen's office in the media.

Both the picture and the journal weighed heavily in my hands. I felt that I shouldn't take them yet at the same time I felt like I had the right to know the truth. There was something about Daniel that made my suspicions rise; something wasn't right.

In the end I decided to put them both back, knowing that being caught with the items would only make Jett despise me more. And he was the only one I dared ask about all of this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When I woke up, it was four in the afternoon and I got up with my mothers  necklace tangled in my hands. The picture of Daniel that I had stolen from the school cabinet was on my nightstand and the moment I woke up I reached for it.

The same charming boy smiled back at me, the same chain that resembled my mothers around his neck.

I needed answers.

I lay in bed for another few minutes, fighting my urge of sleep and convincing myself that unearthing the truth surely couldn't be as hard as I imagined it to be.

With false determination and a sudden feeling to do something before I drowned in my own doubt, I got up and managed to pull on a sweater and some jogging pants.

It was too early for anyone to be in the kitchen. Class didn't start until around eight in the evening and I usually woke up around six or seven.

At four the kitchen was deserted and I switched on the light before reaching for some yoghurt.

Though it still felt weird to live in a reversed cycle where the nights were days and the days were nights my stomach had adjusted fairly clearly.

I moved onto the kitchen counter, my legs swinging as I dug into my light breakfast, managing to forget about my worries for just a tiny moment.

But I should've known that peace in the mansion couldn't be possible with the Lionfields.

'So you're awake,' a voice drawled and I looked up, shocked, a spoonful of yogurt falling onto the ground with a wet and uncharming 'slurp'.

Jett was lounging in the corner, in the leather coffee table chair that looked out upon the back garden. His legs were crossed and his hands together as he turned to me, eyes narrowed.

'You're such a creep,' I hissed, jumping from the counter to pick my spoon up.

Jett scoffed, 'I'm not the one creeping in other people's rooms,' he hissed, making me stop in a mid bend.

I straightened up, forgetting about the spoon, 'What?'

'You think I'm unobservant enough to let you slip in and out of my room unnoticed?'

I stilled at his words, heart pumping as I quickly bent, picking up my spoon and turning to rinse it off in the sink. I'd never been good at hiding my emotions and no doubt Jett would look past my lousy poker face in a heartbeat, 'You're crazy. Who'd want to go into your room?' I continued, a shrill laugh erupting from my lips.

It was silent and when I turned to look past my shoulder, Jett breathed into my ear from the left, 'Liar'.

I screamed, shrinking away from him but he caged me in. Arms on either side of me, his hands resting upon the sink, 'What do you want?'

'I want you to butt out of my business,' he growled, holding up something.

I looked at it and a treacherous gasp escaped my lips before I could stop it: it was his wallet.