Part 28- Blindfolded Hair Styling

The next day, I worked on filming as usual with Ben, Chris, Charlie and the others, only to be picked up by Dan and Phil afterwards in a taxi. We'd arranged it the night before that they'd pick me up so that we could go straight to their weekly radio show at Radio1, in the hope that we'd arrive at the radio centre on time. I'd been to one of their shows before, and I had absolutely adored it. I'd been a special guest in that show, which had blown my mind and also helped me gain a few more subscribers. I'd even met Lucy outside the radio centre, where she'd been amongst other members of the Phandom.

So, still splattered in paint and wearing crumpled clothes and my llama ears, Dan, Phil and I were driven to the BBC Radio Centre. We had to regretfully leave fans that were waiting outside, promising to chat after the show, and instead speedily make our way to their studio. They always seemed to change studios, almost on a weekly basis in fact. Or at least the angle and backdrop to their broadcast changed regularly.

The strong bass notes to an unknown song vibrated through the building as we walked inside. I followed Dan and Phil closely, not wanting to get lost in the massive radio centre. Suddenly, Phil stopped right in front of me, making me walk into his back and stumble slightly. Phil looked over his shoulder at me and gave me an apologetic look, before he double checked the time on his phone. He beckoned Dan back to him and whispered something in his ear. Dan looked irritated for a moment, before sighing and running a hand through his fringe, nodding slightly.

Phil turned to me and sucked in his lips before speaking all at once. "Can you find the studio by yourself, Mia? It's just that Dan and I are running a little bit too late to escort you and make it to Jameela's studio on time as well."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek and shrugged at them "I'll be fine, don't worry about me." I'm sure I can do enough worrying to cover for all three of us.

Dan breathed out through his nose heavily and then made his way to the reception desk. He asked the man and woman sat behind the desk if he could have a visitors pass.

"And why would you need that?" the man asked defensively.

"For her," Dan said coolly, his shoulders tensed as I saw him try not to snap at the man's stuck up tone. The man looked round Dan's tall frame at me, so I waved slightly, barely moving my fingers in the gesture. He sniffed and nodded at the woman sat next to him.

The woman looked flustered as she dug around in the desk's draws for a tag. Dan started to tap his foot on the floor whilst Phil kept checking the time on his phone. They were both on edge that they were going to be late, yet Phil seemed a little more concerned.

She eventually found a simple, white laminated card with a black piece of webbing attached to it. She set it on top of the counter in front of her and looked over at me again. "What's your name?" she asked, her black pen poised over the plastic.

"Er," my mind went blank, as it usually would if I were asked a question by a stranger. "M-Mia Roberts."

She nodded briskly and wrote down my name, before Dan could snatch up the pass and hand it over to me.

The fabric strap felt strange around my neck, tickling my neck and making me feel uncomfortable. I could understand where Dan was coming from with his dislike of people touching his neck a little now. I followed them to the lift, looking at my pass as I walked. It read 'Mia Roberts, Dan Howell's guest'. I smiled at the pass and let it drop to hand around my neck loosely. We then filed into the lift and shot up multiple floors to reach Dan and Phil's studio in only a few seconds.

"We'll see you soon, yeah?" Dan assured me, placing a hand on my arm comfortingly as the lift started to slow.

"Of course," I smiled easily at him. He smiled back, making my guts twist.