Part 3- What

“Mia! Hey, Mia! Come on! They’ve been pestering me about you for the past forty-five minutes! What took you guys so long?” Chris rattled off as soon as we’d entered the club where the New Year’s party was being held. As soon as he’d seen us enter the door, he’d ran at us like a homing penguin.

“There was understandably quite a lot of traffic,” Dan said for me.

“Okay, okay. Fair enough,” Chris admitted, moving his hand around in a ‘speed up’ motion. “Can you follow me now?” I giggled as Dan, Phil and I followed Chris round the edge of the club.

I’d never been in a club before, and I was a little scared to say the least. There was the dance floor, bar and a large balcony to see the fireworks from later. That was about all the things which fitted my expectations of a club. There was the music of course, but even that was different. The music that was being played was songs from YouTube, as in if a song could be danced to and was a song performed by a British YouTuber, then it was being played. I was pretty sure we were listening to Marcus Butler’s 1 million subscriber rap as we came through the door. I just hoped there would be some Chameleon Circuit and Emma Blackery songs.

As Chris walked us around the dance floor (which manly consisted of LED lights) I saw a big screen against one wall which played the music video to the songs. Seeing Marcus Butler on the screen dressed as a rapper made me want to laugh, but I was too nervous about meeting Charlie and Carrie to even squeak out a laugh.

I saw them before Chris had even pointed them out to us. They were sat in the corner, where there was a cushioned bench which went round the wall, and they had a table in front of them. I was immediately star struck, and I had to get Dan to force me forward. My legs were wobbling, so I was grateful I wasn’t wearing heels, and my senses became more intense, picking up the sounds of our feet colliding against the floor with each step as we moved over to them. I could smell some of the alcohol; the smell was so strong I could almost taste it. And the sound of the music vibrated inside my head, making my teeth rattle inside my mouth.

“Carrie, Charlie?” Chris said as we went and hovered at the edge of the table they were sat at in the corner. “This is RandomQuartz, Mia.”

Carrie looked up first and I felt incredibly jealous of her, out of the blue. She was really pretty, kind and funny. She and Emma Blackery were my favourite female YouTubers. Her blonde curls were gorgeous and her clothing choice for this evening was stunning. She was wearing a fitted bodice top, which looked like it was a stem punk styling, and a skirt over some jeggings. Charlie was just in jeans and shirt, like most of the other guys who were here, but he had a Doctor Who wristband around his wrist.

Carrie and Charlie smiled and waved a little at Dan and Phil before they turned their focuses’ onto me.

“Hi,” Carrie smiled, getting to her feet and giving me a hug, which caught me by surprise. “It’s great to finally get to meet you! Chris and the others have told us a lot about you!” She was smiling broadly at me, and she has a smile which just infects you and makes you want to smile all evening. So, of course, I smiled.

“I-I’ve wanted to meet all of you for a long time,” I stuttered as I blushed. Hopefully they couldn’t see me blushing under the lights. Dan moved a little closer to me, there for moral support. He found my hand and held it, giving me a little confidence.

“Chris mentioned something about that,” Carrie shrugged with a modest smile. I nodded, dumbfounded.

“Mia’s favourite band is Chameleon Circuit,” Chris said.

I glared at him and gave him a light punch in the arm. “Hey!” I said to him as he laughed at me.

“Take it easy, Mia!” he laughed. “You’re behaving the same as you did when you first met Dan and Phil, maybe even worse!” I hit him again. “Abuse!”